ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New mock. Very interesting... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272101)

DTLB58 04-14-2013 06:00 PM

New mock. Very interesting...

@NEPatriotsDraft: Finish off your sports day with our newest Three-Round 2013 NFL Mock Draft: http://t.co/a7fvi1zfZg

So basically the Chiefs used the 2nd and 3rd round picks this year on QB's and no Joke! :D

Bewbies 04-14-2013 06:42 PM

I'd rather have Bray or Rambo with that 3, but....

RealSNR 04-14-2013 07:04 PM

I have no desire to draft Tyler Wilson anymore. Kid's a turd

Rain Man 04-14-2013 07:10 PM

I went on vacation and Dion Jordan was some guy I'd never heard of, and then when I came back he was suddenly in the discussion as the #1 pick. What did he do during the first three weeks of March to suddenly become the guy?

Bowser 04-14-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9586745)
I went on vacation and Dion Jordan was some guy I'd never heard of, and then when I came back he was suddenly in the discussion as the #1 pick. What did he do during the first three weeks of March to suddenly become the guy?

Nothing. He's actually a converted wide receiver playing OLB, but he does have a ton of upside.

Just goes to show how the talent is pretty even all across the top of this draft. Nobody at any position is stepping up and distancing themselves from anyone else.

buddha 04-15-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9586766)
Nothing. He's actually a converted wide receiver playing OLB, but he does have a ton of upside.

Just goes to show how the talent is pretty even all across the top of this draft. Nobody at any position is stepping up and distancing themselves from anyone else.

This.

I can't remember a draft where no clear #1 emerged by draft day (right or wrong)...this year sucks for being where KC is.

Jordan may end up being great, but he NEVER popped off the field at Oregon. Guys who are the first pick in the draft are easy to spot in college. The guys at the top of this draft are obscure college players...

KC should trade down if they can get ANYTHING of value.

KChiefs1 04-15-2013 08:55 PM

Dion Jordan will be a star in the NFL.

Dave Lane 04-16-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9586725)

What led you to that conclusion FWIW?

RealSNR 04-16-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9591396)
What led you to that conclusion FWIW?

It dawned on me that throughout 2012, the kid was talked about as one of the top QBs in the class purely because he was doing the best he could in a bad situation.

He struggled against tough competition with a shitty team, yes. But you can't draft a QB based on excuses.

In the meantime, the offseason work he's been going through at IMG, at the combine, and his pro days should have justified his hype. He hasn't even come close at any of those events.

I think this is a case of a try hard college guy who really wants to be a pro QB who got put into a shitty situation, but just doesn't have the chops to play QB.

Direckshun 04-16-2013 09:49 AM

He played like a 1st rounder for Petrino.

DJ's left nut 04-16-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9586725)

Taking Wilson when Bray is still on the board would be a disaster. Bray may bust, but he may also succeed. Wilson's never going to amount to a thing in this league.

That said, this draft has Cordarelle Patterson falling to the 49ers at our 2nd rounder. A) I'd hang myself if that happened and B) That's not going to happen. Patterson is easily the best WR prospect in this draft. Austin supporters may disagree, but Patterson has similar speed with much better size and his polish is far better than I expected.

It makes me question the entire mock.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-17-2013 06:05 PM

Tyler Wilson is gonna be good. You heard it here. He's gonna make Peyton Manning look like Ryan Leaf !