ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Nat'l Security Mass. Police: Bomb Suspects Didn't Have Gun Permit (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272354)

3rd&48ers 04-22-2013 08:38 AM

Mass. Police: Bomb Suspects Didn't Have Gun Permit

A Massachusetts police official say the brothers suspected of bombing the Boston Marathon before having shootouts with authorities didn't have gun permits.

Cambridge Police Commissioner Robert Haas tells The Associated Press in an interview Sunday that neither Tamerlan Tsarnaev (tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) nor his brother Dzhokhar had permission to carry firearms.

He says it's unclear whether either ever applied and the applications aren't considered public records.

But he says the 19-year-old Dzhokhar (joh-KHAR') would have been denied a permit because of his age. Only people 21 or older are allowed gun licenses in Massachusetts.

The suspects were also accused of hijacking a Mercedes on Thursday night.

Haas says the pair didn't release the driver, but he escaped when he was left alone while the two men entered a convenience store.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/m...0#.UXVLIbXFWSo

loochy 04-22-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9613698)

A Massachusetts police official say the brothers suspected of bombing the Boston Marathon before having shootouts with authorities didn't have gun permits.

Cambridge Police Commissioner Robert Haas tells The Associated Press in an interview Sunday that neither Tamerlan Tsarnaev (tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) nor his brother Dzhokhar had permission to carry firearms.

He says it's unclear whether either ever applied and the applications aren't considered public records.

But he says the 19-year-old Dzhokhar (joh-KHAR') would have been denied a permit because of his age. Only people 21 or older are allowed gun licenses in Massachusetts.

The suspects were also accused of hijacking a Mercedes on Thursday night.

Haas says the pair didn't release the driver, but he escaped when he was left alone while the two men entered a convenience store.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/m...0#.UXVLIbXFWSo

Well that proves that more background checks and limiting magazine capacities can limit tragedies like this, right?

3rd&48ers 04-22-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9613700)
Well that proves that more background checks and limiting magazine capacities can limit tragedies like this, right?

According to the Libturds you are correct... Oh More Rape whistles will help too:D

seaofred 04-22-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9613700)

If it proves anything, it proves that no matter what laws you pass, criminals are still going to break them and get the guns and magazine's they want.

loochy 04-22-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9613763)
If it proves anything, it proves that no matter what laws you pass, criminals are still going to break them and get the guns and magazine's they want.

That's kind of what I was getting at, but I wasn't sure how to say it sarcastically enough.

seaofred 04-22-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9613765)
That's kind of what I was getting at, but I wasn't sure how to say it sarcastically enough.

I thought that's what you were trying to say. Maybe you should have put a #sarcasm at the end.. o:-)

Brainiac 04-22-2013 09:25 AM

Now just hold on there for minute, Buster. I thought that if you make certain things illegal, the criminals won't be able to get them, and all of our problems would be solved.

You mean that isn't right????

loochy 04-22-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9613774)
I thought that if you make certain things illegal, the criminals won't be able to get them, and all of our problems would be solved.

That is correct sir. Take drugs for example. They are illegal so nobody uses them anymore.

3rd&48ers 04-22-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9613778)
That is correct sir. Take drugs for example. They are illegal so nobody uses them anymore.

You stole my thunder :D

Prison Bitch 04-22-2013 09:37 AM

Did the older bro have a permit to beat his wife?

loochy 04-22-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9613799)
Did the older bro have a permit to beat his wife?

Yeah, he had the "she wouldn't STFU and make a sandwich" permit

notorious 04-22-2013 09:39 AM

LMAO

Gold!

notorious 04-22-2013 09:40 AM

"But if it's a FEDERAL ban, they wouldn't have had access to these weapons!"

Gun grabbers, go **** yourself.

3rd&48ers 04-22-2013 09:41 AM

Now here is the question...

Of all the gun control measures that have been brought up since Newtown... Which one would have prevented the killing of the MIT cop by these people?

mr. tegu 04-22-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9613815)
Now here is the question...

Of all the gun control measures that have been brought up since Newtown... Which one would have prevented the killing of the MIT cop by these people?

All weapons should be converted to nerf. That would have helped.