ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ed & Dave Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Blind Side is a bad movie. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272784)

Direckshun 05-04-2013 10:44 PM

The Blind Side is a bad movie.
 
It's got a feelgood plot and everything, but geez.

Outside of Sandra Bullock, the acting is horrid.

The writing is super predictable.

It's like if someone was to write fan-fiction about Michael Oher's personal story.

Too cheesey. All of the "bad guys" in the film are hilariously dumb caricatures, and the characters don't talk or interact like real people.

Anyway.

What were we talking about?

SNR 05-04-2013 10:45 PM

Nick Saban is a ****ing terrible actor. He should go kill himself.

HoneyBadger 05-04-2013 10:47 PM

Is this about your sex life?

Direckshun 05-04-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9658177)
Nick Saban is a ****ing terrible actor. He should go kill himself.

You know who's a bad actor?

THE DUDE PLAYING MICHAEL OHER.

DON'T YOU THINK

JUST MAYBE

IF YOU'RE GOING TO DROP SOME DIME BRINGING IN ****ING SANDRA ****ING BULLOCK

YOU SHOULD MAYBE TRY RECRUITING A LEAD ACTOR WHO KNOWS WHAT THE SHIT HE'S DOING

STANDING AND STARING IS NOT ACTING

IT'S JUST BEING WOODEN

RunKC 05-04-2013 10:50 PM

Why are you watching The Blind Side on ABC Family right now when The Expendables is on Spike?!

cosmo20002 05-04-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9658174)
It's got a feelgood plot and everything, but geez.

Outside of Sandra Bullock, the acting is horrid.

The writing is super predictable.

It's like if someone was to write fan-fiction about Michael Oher's personal story.

Too cheesey. All of the "bad guys" in the film are hilariously dumb caricatures, and the characters don't talk or interact like real people.

Anyway.

What were we talking about?

Really? I totally bought the scene where the little kid is teaching Oher about the rules of football, offensive and defensive formations, etc.

Yes, horrible.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 10:51 PM

Also, I'm just going to come out and say it: the movie has no plot.

A really big dude is adopted out of poverty and, surprise, is really good at playing football.

Some colleges recruit him, he picks one of them, has to dodge some administrative hurdles and he's there.

Roll credits.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9658188)
Why are you watching The Blind Side on ABC Family right now when The Expendables is on Spike?!

I admit nothing.

cosmo20002 05-04-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9658183)
You know who's a bad actor?

THE DUDE PLAYING MICHAEL OHER.

DON'T YOU THINK

JUST MAYBE

IF YOU'RE GOING TO DROP SOME DIME BRINGING IN ****ING SANDRA ****ING BULLOCK

YOU SHOULD MAYBE TRY RECRUITING A LEAD ACTOR WHO KNOWS WHAT THE SHIT HE'S DOING

STANDING AND STARING IS NOT ACTING

IT'S JUST BEING WOODEN

Apparently the real Oher was kind of pissed about how dumb they made him look.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9658194)
Apparently the real Oher was kind of pissed about how dumb they made him look.

Ha! Really?

I don't blame him. He's basically a gigantic 9 year old in the film.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 10:54 PM

And in the movie, didn't he get like a 96 in protective instincts?

WTF is protective instincts? Is there such a thing as a test for it? And who the **** would test poorly at it?

bowener 05-04-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9658198)
And in the movie, didn't he get like a 96 in protective instincts?

WTF is protective instincts? Is there such a thing as a test for it? And who the **** would test poorly at it?

Sociopaths or Psychopaths?

KC_Connection 05-04-2013 10:57 PM

It was mediocre. Sandra Bullock was hot, though.

RunKC 05-04-2013 10:57 PM

The 2nd best actor after Sandra Bullock was IronE Singleton.

Go T Dog!

Bump 05-04-2013 10:58 PM

I still haven't found out if they really do have standardized 'Protective Instincts' tests.

Worst line in a move ever. "He scored in the top 1% in protective instincts. OMG"

Where do they test public schools for protective instincts?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.