ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues MSNBC on IRS Scandal : THIS IS TYRANNY... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273019)

mikey23545 05-13-2013 02:34 PM

MSNBC on IRS Scandal : THIS IS TYRANNY...

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough tore into the federal government over the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups.

In addition to calling the admitted actions “mind-boggling,” the personality highlighted the assertion that “this government is using the Internal Revenue Service to target people with whom they disagree.” Others, like co-host Willie Geist, jumped in to say that the collective actions constitute ”tyranny.”

“When it comes to political speech, it’s sacrosanct. Our founding fathers meant for it to be sacrosanct,” Scarborough said, going on the lambaste the IRS. “Liberal and conservative Supreme Courts alike do not allow the government to tread on political speech. There is a wall around that, and the wall has been knocked down by the IRS for several years now.”

Geist mirrored these sentiments, as did other “Morning Joe” panelists and co-hosts. While he noted that other claims about the government coming after guns have been overblown, the threat to free-speech posed by the IRS in this instance, in Geist’s view, is a true government-led assault.

“There’s been many overblown claims of tyranny and abuse of power from the government over the last few years. We’ve heard those. We’re coming for your guns — that kind of thing,” he said. “This is tyranny. If this is the government, a nonpartisan agency coming after specific groups, this time it’s real.”

Scarborough also called for Obama to “fire people” and to come out condemning the “unspeakable” actions of the IRS in the harshest terms possible. Rather than sitting back and ignoring the scandal, he implored the president to demand answers.

Watch the segment, below:

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?content_type=content_item&layout=&playlist_cid=&content=NFNFVX2H9ZC65SPN&widget_type_cid=svp&read_m ore=1" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

cosmo20002 05-13-2013 02:35 PM

I can't believe there isn't already a thread on this topic.

AndChiefs 05-13-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9679095)
I can't believe there isn't already a thread on this topic.

I'd say its more of a story because its msnbc which is the lefts fox.

Bump 05-13-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9679295)
I'd say its more of a story because its msnbc which is the lefts fox.

and it ain't true unless it's on fox!

AMEN brother, AMEN

Prison Bitch 05-13-2013 07:52 PM

People need to stop using "tyranny" so often. Tyranny is having armed soldiers marching the streets, like we do in other countries. Or bombing them with drones or shutting down ports of trade. Suspending the press would be another tyrannical behavior.

Aries Walker 05-13-2013 08:50 PM

And with that, up is down and black is white, because I agree with Prison Bitch on something. Overuse of purposefully-strong language dilutes the real deal when it actually comes along. Other instances: Revolution, catastrophe, hero.

Bump 05-13-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9679740)
People need to stop using "tyranny" so often. Tyranny is having armed soldiers marching the streets, like we do in other countries. Or bombing them with drones or shutting down ports of trade. Suspending the press would be another tyrannical behavior.

well they do have absolute power over us...

cosmo20002 05-13-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9679953)
And with that, up is down and black is white, because I agree with Prison Bitch on something. Overuse of purposefully-strong language dilutes the real deal when it actually comes along. Other instances: Revolution, catastrophe, hero.

I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic. I'm still not positive.

Prison Bitch 05-13-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9680005)
well they do have absolute power over us...

Who?

InChiefsHell 05-13-2013 09:09 PM

I hate the IRS. Got audited back in the 90's and it's a long story, but we got seriously screwed. No sympathy, and even though I had receipts, the bastard just decided that he didn't feel like we used the money for what we said we did. End of story. Pay us.

Screw the IRS. This is just another example of how they can and will run over anyone they feel like they want to.

Not necessarily tyranny, but certainly a gross abuse of power.

Prison Bitch 05-13-2013 09:16 PM

I got a letter some years ago about not reporting capital gains. I owed 3,600 extra. I called the agent in Philly and apologized, admitting they were right. Lady said "we don't get many of these kind of calls. I'm closing your file, have a nice day."

Obv that's just my one encounter with them, I imagine they were unfair to others .

Bump 05-13-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9680035)
Who?

The elite. The people who control our government?

Prison Bitch 05-13-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9680130)
The elite. The people who control our government?

We control our government with the vote. We can choose our leaders. We have the government we deserve. What rights do we not have here anyway?

Aries Walker 05-13-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9680015)
I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic. I'm still not positive.

He has some not-entirely-unjustified criticism of our foreign policy in there, but I think he "post thesis" was solid.

InChiefsHell 05-13-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9680082)
I got a letter some years ago about not reporting capital gains. I owed 3,600 extra. I called the agent in Philly and apologized, admitting they were right. Lady said "we don't get many of these kind of calls. I'm closing your file, have a nice day."

Obv that's just my one encounter with them, I imagine they were unfair to others .

Glad it worked out for you.

Mine was definitely not that nice of a meeting. Dude told me we owed 1200.00, which doesn't sound like much except at the time that was over a month's income for us. I told him I disagreed. He said I was welcome to appeal, but that they would probably go ahead and open two more years...in other words, shut up and pay bitch.

I walked out of that meeting with a new white hot disgust for the IRS...and the feds in general.