ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Police State America (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273107)

Taco John 05-16-2013 12:09 AM

Police State America

Check this video out. Unbelievable.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...lms-them-video

cosmo20002 05-16-2013 12:22 AM

Says they were responding to a domestic violence complaint. Would be nice to know the details of that complaint. The call, as well as the dude's behavior when they arrived, could very well be probable cause to enter.

Taco John 05-16-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9686064)
Says they were responding to a domestic violence complaint. Would be nice to know the details of that complaint. The call, as well as the dude's behavior when they arrived, could very well be probable cause to enter.

Yes, of course, and taze the woman they are in there to rescue as the first order of business.

cosmo20002 05-16-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9686091)
Yes, of course, and taze the woman they are in there to rescue as the first order of business.

We can't see what she did. It may well have not been warranted--my instinct says it probably wasn't necessary--but we sure can't tell from the video.

cosmo20002 05-16-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9686091)

The first order of business was actually to get them to come outside peacefully. Cops don't want to go inside the house--they don't know who or what is in there and it is dangerous.

I think this is really a tough situation overall. They get a call about violence, they are told there's a kid inside. They arrive to check it out and the people are complete dicks. Won't even step outside to talk. Do they just leave and risk later getting a call that someone has been beaten or killed?

Bump 05-16-2013 12:44 AM

Cops side:

1. Does that house have a history of DV? If so, it's warranted. If not, I don't think that it should be at all.

2. I'm sure most DV calls, the cops get there and the victim tells the cops everything is fine even if she just got beat.

But then again, the police state can happen at any time. Look at Boston of recent and NYC

KC native 05-16-2013 12:58 AM

The Police have an obligation to thoroughly investigate domestic violence calls. They won't go away until they talk to everyone separately. They didn't really have PC to enter the house IMO but no court would call foul on that. The tasering? That guy is probably going to lose his job. Completely unnecessary.

And that's coming from someone who almost never sides with the cops.

Bump 05-16-2013 01:05 AM

yeah, **** the tazering. That was bullshit.

I don't like the comply or die situation that we have here.

AussieChiefsFan 05-16-2013 02:09 AM

Jesus. what the hell...

CrazyPhuD 05-16-2013 03:15 AM

To be fair the domestic violence call was valid....unfortunately the domestic violence happened AFTER the cops got there.....

RINGLEADER 05-16-2013 03:33 AM

I once almost got arrested for breaking my own $.50 scotch tape dispenser inside my own house. As bad as that was, I think this was even worse.

Unfortunately, when you have a cop intent on imposing himself into a situation it's more common than not that his companions will go along with him.

Amnorix 05-16-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9686236)
I once almost got arrested for breaking my own $.50 scotch tape dispenser inside my own house. As bad as that was, I think this was even worse.

That sounds like an interesting story if you want to tell it...

jspchief 05-16-2013 09:10 AM

A lot of states (if not all) require one of the parties to be removed from the property in a domestic abuse call. I think a lot of times they'll arrest one of them and then either let them go or press charges the next day.

jd1020 05-16-2013 09:15 AM

Cops simply don't leave a domestic violence call after some douche with a cell phone camera tells them "all good."

jd1020 05-16-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9686159)
The Police have an obligation to thoroughly investigate domestic violence calls. They won't go away until they talk to everyone separately. They didn't really have PC to enter the house IMO but no court would call foul on that. The tasering? That guy is probably going to lose his job. Completely unnecessary.

And that's coming from someone who almost never sides with the cops.

He wont lose his job over tasering the guy.

You have to really **** up to lose your job if you are a cop. This cop may get a week suspension for PR just because the incident was recorded on camera.