ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Fantasy/CasinoPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Sandbox Suggestion Box ("Sandgestion Box") (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273417)

Rain Man 05-28-2013 12:55 PM

The Sandbox Suggestion Box ("Sandgestion Box")
 
An owner suggested that we create a suggestion box, but there was no place to put his suggestion. So I'm creating this suggestion box so he can submit his suggestion for a suggestion box.

Also, please put any other suggestions here to improve the game so we can centralize the feedback and separate it from the game discussions themselves. As our beta testers, we appreciate your feedback and volunteer work. If we are creating the Apollo moon mission, you people are Ham the chimpanzee.

dj56dt58 05-28-2013 01:01 PM

I suggest a suggestion box..

and a place to put notes so we can use it for player evaluation, game planning, and other ideas we would like to keep

rageeumr 05-28-2013 01:11 PM

Personally I think the "notes" would be great, but even better if they were decentralized. That is to say...I think every activity should have a place to enter notes.

For example, let's look at the FA process. I am keeping a separate Word file with rankings and notes of the FAs I plan to pursue. It would be great to have that functionality inherent to the program.

Another wish list item: I'd love to have a depth-chart view of the team, rather than just a text list.

DJ's left nut 05-28-2013 01:15 PM

Yeah, I second the depth-chart view.

dj56dt58 05-28-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 9714347)
Personally I think the "notes" would be great, but even better if they were decentralized. That is to say...I think every activity should have a place to enter notes.
For example, let's look at the FA process. I am keeping a separate Word file with rankings and notes of the FAs I plan to pursue. It would be great to have that functionality inherent to the program.

Another wish list item: I'd love to have a depth-chart view of the team, rather than just a text list.


Agreed

dingleberry 05-28-2013 01:58 PM

I've been using excel, seems to work really nice to organize my team

Douche Baggins 05-28-2013 02:09 PM

A trade block would be cool.

Both with spots for looking for and up for trade. Including picks.

dj56dt58 05-28-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9714482)
A trade block would be cool.

Both with spots for looking for and up for trade. Including picks.

this is a must have imo..it would make trades a lot easier if you can see who is on the block and what the other person would like in return

dj56dt58 05-28-2013 02:52 PM

not sure if this is possible or how long it would take to set up, but upon registration have users enter their mobile # and during they draft they would receive a text message notifying them they are up to draft. I think that would greatly speed up the draft because most people dont check their email that often

sfchief 05-28-2013 03:09 PM

Some sort of rookie wage scale.

The way FA is set up no player is going play his entire career w
a team, without hitting FA. The price for long term contracts even for positions of lesser value is set up for a lot of roster turn over. While I understand the desire to make players available. I think a majority of owners have a desire to build through the draft and retain players they have drafted.

I would suggest something like this:

1st round- 4yr contract @ $15 w option for 3 more at a discounted rate ($12)
2nd to 4th 3 yr @ 10 w option for 2 @ 5
5th to 7th 3 yr @ 5 w option for @ 1

My rational is rookies are not proven and it rewards for good drafting
just like real nfl

AustinChief 05-28-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfchief (Post 9714673)
Some sort of rookie wage scale.

The way FA is set up no player is going play his entire career w
a team, without hitting FA. The price for long term contracts even for positions of lesser value is set up for a lot of roster turn over. While I understand the desire to make players available. I think a majority of owners have a desire to build through the draft and retain players they have drafted.

I would suggest something like this:

1st round- 4yr contract @ $15 w option for 3 more at a discounted rate ($12)
2nd to 4th 3 yr @ 10 w option for 2 @ 5
5th to 7th 3 yr @ 5 w option for @ 1

My rational is rookies are not proven and it rewards for good drafting
just like real nfl

Seconded.

dingleberry 05-28-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfchief (Post 9714673)
Some sort of rookie wage scale.

The way FA is set up no player is going play his entire career w
a team, without hitting FA. The price for long term contracts even for positions of lesser value is set up for a lot of roster turn over. While I understand the desire to make players available. I think a majority of owners have a desire to build through the draft and retain players they have drafted.

I would suggest something like this:

1st round- 4yr contract @ $15 w option for 3 more at a discounted rate ($12)
2nd to 4th 3 yr @ 10 w option for 2 @ 5
5th to 7th 3 yr @ 5 w option for @ 1

My rational is rookies are not proven and it rewards for good drafting
just like real nfl

This would be good if we didn't already know the stats of the rookies.

sfchief 05-28-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 9714742)
This would be good if we didn't already know the stats of the rookies.

That was the last "cheater" draft

U gonna have to put on ur scout hat, son

dingleberry 05-28-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfchief (Post 9714843)
That was the last "cheater" draft

U gonna have to put on ur scout hat, son

Good that was to easy, and it made the 6th and 7th rounds just scraping the bottom of the barrel

cdcox 05-28-2013 06:30 PM

A lot of great ideas here. Once I get past basic function, we'll prioritize the projects according to demand and coding effort. Maybe we can find someone who knows how to post a poll to get user input.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.