ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Woman Wins $1 Million Prize on "Wheel of Fortune" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273499)

luv 05-31-2013 12:30 PM

Woman Wins $1 Million Prize on "Wheel of Fortune"

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=815272

By: CBS News
Updated: May 31, 2013

A California woman can now buy all the vowels she wants -- because she won the $1 million prize on "Wheel of Fortune."

Autumn Ernhard, an animal pharmaceuticals sales representative, became only the second person in the game show's history to win the top prize during the episode that aired Thursday evening.

And as if winning the grand prize wasn't astounding enough, wait 'till you hear all she had to do to even have a chance at winning the million bucks: Land on the million-dollar wedge during the game, correctly solve that round's puzzle, never land on the "Bankrupt" space for the rest of her night's spins, win the entire game itself, land on the million-dollar wedge again while spinning the bonus round's prize wheel and then correctly solve that puzzle. It's stressful just reading about it, let alone actually doing it.

Ernhard, 30, had already picked up $30,000 in cash and other prizes during the regular rounds. Then, with only four letters to guide her, she managed to solve the bonus puzzle.

The first million-dollar "Wheel" winner came in 2008, the same year that big prize was introduced.

Watch below to see Ernhard win:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dFfRASXusQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dragonocho 05-31-2013 12:35 PM

couldnt have done that. Bravo.

alpha_omega 05-31-2013 12:35 PM

Good for her.

Bowser 05-31-2013 12:36 PM

More like Autumn Ermahgerd.

Baby Lee 05-31-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonocho (Post 9721972)
couldnt have done that. Bravo.

I am surprised to say it popped into my head a millisecond before she said it. Tough was clear, but I was stuck on making the second word start with 'T' [Target, Trough, Throat, not great guesses], then it hit me that Ts were exhausted.

Dayze 05-31-2013 03:24 PM

maybe she can buy Vanna a sammich.

oddly, this is how I plan to fund my retirement. with my wheel of fortune winnings.

DJ's left nut 05-31-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9722045)
I am surprised to say it popped into my head a millisecond before she said it. Tough was clear, but I was stuck on making the second word start with 'T' [Target, Trough, Throat, not great guesses], then it hit me that Ts were exhausted.

I was at 'tough wipeout' when the clock started...I might have gotten there. Then again, I wasn't on a gameshow where your mind has a tendency to go blank. So I might have just soiled myself. Probably 50/50 either way.

Pepe Silvia 05-31-2013 03:39 PM

Very impressive.

Baby Lee 05-31-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9722267)
I was at 'tough wipeout' when the clock started...I might have gotten there. Then again, I wasn't on a gameshow where your mind has a tendency to go blank. So I might have just soiled myself. Probably 50/50 either way.

The thing I hate about WoF more than anything is the 'categories.' A tough workout is NOT a thing. Things are tangible. You want to stay vague, deem it a concept. It would properly be deemed an activity.

That is what is so impressive about Jeopardy, they do a remarkable job of calibrating the information given to the difficulty of the level being played right then. And they also do a remarkable job of disambiguation, ie avoiding answers which have multiple plausible question responses.

Thig Lyfe 05-31-2013 04:17 PM

ozarksfirst.com for all your wheel of fortune news

Dayze 05-31-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9722344)
The thing I hate about WoF more than anything is the 'categories.' A tough workout is NOT a thing. Things are tangible. You want to stay vague, deem it a concept. It would properly be deemed an activity.

That is what is so impressive about Jeopardy, they do a remarkable job of calibrating the information given to the difficulty of the level being played right then. And they also do a remarkable job of disambiguation, ie avoiding answers which have multiple plausible question responses.

that.
the subject is "Something".
or "Person" and the answer would be Family Dog

007 05-31-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

And as if winning the grand prize wasn't astounding enough, wait 'till you hear all she had to do to even have a chance at winning the million bucks: Land on the million-dollar wedge during the game, correctly solve that round's puzzle, never land on the "Bankrupt" space for the rest of her night's spins, win the entire game itself, land on the million-dollar wedge again while spinning the bonus round's prize wheel and then correctly solve that puzzle. It's stressful just reading about it, let alone actually doing it.
That just cracks me up.