ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games NCAA Football 2014 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274394)

Dayze 07-09-2013 01:47 AM

NCAA Football 2014
 
Releases today 7/9

Though, honestly haven't seen even a single commercial until early this morning.

I wonder if its more of the same.... Hmm.

Trailer:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cTklaI3EAm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gameplay
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/waRdALtP5Aw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RTG
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-gJpcURE1sg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 07-09-2013 05:54 AM

soo......sort of looks the damned same.
at least graphics wise.

I play a lot of RTG and I really hope they fixed some shit.
The thing that I hated (among many) is the way you acquire sill points (for lack of a better word). It was essentially based entirely on catches, yds, tds etc.
I REALLY wish they would adopt the 2K series of getting an overall grade after the game, in doing what youre supposed to do during the play.

For example its entirely pointless to, as a WR, actually play you dude during running plays. Zero. You should at least get some sort of grade for doing your job. Same with playing CB or Safety. You only get graded on tackles and INTs;. So, as a CB, I can completely abandon my dude and go across the field to make a tackle on a pass/WR and get points. WTF. On the flip side, as a CB you can get smoked in your zone for a 15 yard play for missing your assignment and still get awarded points.

It makes certain aspects of it (aside from QB and RB) pointless. Just line up as a CB 20 yds off the WR and make tackles and youre good. And really, the same goes for any defensive position.
Pointless to play DL or OL. They need to add a TE position.


2k Nailed their My Player mode, IMO. Hell, Id almost buy a game that was strictly a My Player oriented game if it were more in-depth off the field; and you could play from High School into the Pros.

Pestilence 07-09-2013 09:12 AM

You're going to be disappointed. Every review I've seen mentions that they didn't touch RTG.

Dayze 07-09-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9800533)
You're going to be disappointed. Every review I've seen mentions that they didn't touch RTG.

well, piss.

Pestilence 07-09-2013 09:52 AM

They fixed the running game, offensive line blocking and integrated the option more. You can actually run designed shovel pass plays now.

Pestilence 07-09-2013 09:52 AM

And the recruiting now is back to points instead of minutes and you get coaches points that you can use to level up certain aspects.....kind of like an RPG feel.

Dayze 07-09-2013 10:09 AM

Hmmm. Interesting on the recruiting. I can't remember the last version that has it.

just that call BS.

Pestilence 07-09-2013 10:17 AM

My main issue with the game is the training aspect. You will repeatedly run into DTs in recruiting that are 260 lbs with 75 strength. How hard is it to program a training regimen into the game where you can recruit those guys.....and let them build up over the 4 years? They never get bigger and their strength never goes up enough to where they can actually play. It's ****ing stupid.

Zeke 07-09-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9800654)
My main issue with the game is the training aspect. You will repeatedly run into DTs in recruiting that are 260 lbs with 75 strength. How hard is it to program a training regimen into the game where you can recruit those guys.....and let them build up over the 4 years? They never get bigger and their strength never goes up enough to where they can actually play. It's ****ing stupid.

Yes, that is frustrating... that being said, leaving now to go pick up my copy over lunch.

Dayze 07-09-2013 11:10 AM

I might have to wait and see this year for once. It's usually a day one purchase for me each year

Pestilence 07-09-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9800750)
I might have to wait and see this year for once. It's usually a day one purchase for me each year

I'll always purchase the NCAA games. I've got a couple of friends that we do online dynasties every year. The replay value is just to much with this game not to purchase it. Sucks I have to stay away from RTG though. That shit is beyond broken.

Dayze 07-09-2013 11:16 AM

yep; true.
I like RTG when I want some quick, brainless games.
the main thing that's broken, IMO is the lack of skill updgrade or overall grade based on what your job is on the play call. Just hang back 30 yards and wait for a WR to catch it; tackle = points! yay! DL is ****ing worthless. DE too.

shit, I dunno. you bring up a good point about replay-ability

Pestilence 07-09-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9800765)
yep; true.
I like RTG when I want some quick, brainless games.
the main thing that's broken, IMO is the lack of skill updgrade or overall grade based on what your job is on the play call. Just hang back 30 yards and wait for a WR to catch it; tackle = points! yay! DL is ****ing worthless. DE too.

shit, I dunno. you bring up a good point about replay-ability

There is so much that you can do in the game that makes it worth it. Shit....just dynasty alone is worth the $60. At any given time....I've got 3 dynasties going. An online dynasty with my friends, my own personal Notre Dame dynasty and then I'll take some shit team and try build them up or get a better job offer.

Dayze 07-09-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9800776)
There is so much that you can do in the game that makes it worth it. Shit....just dynasty alone is worth the $60. At any given time....I've got 3 dynasties going. An online dynasty with my friends, my own personal Notre Dame dynasty and then I'll take some shit team and try build them up or get a better job offer.

the only dynasty I tried last year (first time ever) I took Bowling Green just because they were turds. I think I was in year 6 and got to be pretty good. was able to pull in recruits that were better etc.

I did try one as Alabama but it was too easy I thought. could basically get anyone you wanted (which....I guess is sort of like real life lol).

shit....now I might have to pick it up on the way home. :banghead:

Pestilence 07-09-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9800781)
the only dynasty I tried last year (first time ever) I took Bowling Green just because they were turds. I think I was in year 6 and got to be pretty good. was able to pull in recruits that were better etc.

I did try one as Alabama but it was too easy I thought. could basically get anyone you wanted (which....I guess is sort of like real life lol).

shit....now I might have to pick it up on the way home. :banghead:

Are you PS3 or 360?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.