ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Finally upgraded to a new gas grill (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274690)

Guru 07-21-2013 06:44 PM

Finally upgraded to a new gas grill
 
http://www.charbroil.com/grills/gas-...met-t-22d.html


The steaks came out great for a change.:thumb:

Nice to have a grill that makes me feel like I can cook again.

Inmem58 07-21-2013 06:52 PM

Enjoy your flare ups.

Ceej 07-21-2013 06:53 PM

When are you cooking me dinner?

Bugeater 07-21-2013 06:58 PM

I think it's been a year since I last used my gas grill. I'm not even sure if it still works.

Predarat 07-21-2013 07:01 PM

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/ima...y-the-show.jpg

Guru 07-21-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9826010)
Enjoy your flare ups.

Not on this puppy.

DeezNutz 07-21-2013 07:10 PM

Enjoy, dude.

Any grill can have flame ups, so don't let that bother you. I prefer gas to charcoal because of immediacy of heat and convenience, and I don't think you sacrifice shit in terms of flavor.

When it comes to grilling a high-quality steak, temp. is the single most important factor. If you cannot seal in the juices, your steak sucks ****ing shit. Period.

Guru 07-21-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9826040)
Enjoy, dude.

Any grill can have flame ups, so don't let that bother you. I prefer gas to charcoal because of immediacy of heat and convenience, and I don't think you sacrifice shit in terms of flavor.

When it comes to grilling a high-quality steak, temp. is the single most important factor. If you cannot seal in the juices, your steak sucks ****ing shit. Period.

Yep, I made steaks the first thing I grilled on this and they came out perfect. Just the right amount of pink. I could never accomplish that with charcoal because it would take so long to do anything on charcoal.

Consistent1 07-21-2013 07:22 PM

Gas grills suck. Sorry for the opinion. The fun of grilling and smoking stuff is that it takes some effort to do it. I can make a mean steak on a Foreman grill in reality.

DeezNutz 07-21-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9826052)
Gas grills suck. Sorry for the opinion. The fun of grilling and smoking stuff is that it takes some effort to do it. I can make a mean steak on a Foreman grill in reality.

Yeah, no you can't because it can't get hot enough. The fun of grilling is that it produces good food.

Grilling and smoking are two totally different things. You want to grill? Get a high-quality gas grill. You want to smoke, get a high-quality smoker.

Inmem58 07-21-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9826058)
Yeah, no you can't because it can't get hot enough. The fun of grilling is that it produces good food.

Grilling and smoking are two totally different things. You want to grill? Get a high-quality gas grill. You want to smoke, get a high-quality smoker.


You can actually throw wood logs into a weber grill and use it as a smoker. If you have a gas grill you have to some bullshit pan with "wood chips". That's not smoking IMO. I'm a charcoal man for life.

DeezNutz 07-21-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9826072)
You can actually throw wood logs into a weber grill and use it as a smoker. If you have a gas grill you have to some bullshit pan with "wood chips". That's not smoking IMO. I'm a charcoal man for life.

There's truth about conversion to a certain extent, but I'd prefer to purchase a Weber Smokey Mountain and keep my Spirit.

Guru 07-21-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9826052)
Gas grills suck. Sorry for the opinion. The fun of grilling and smoking stuff is that it takes some effort to do it. I can make a mean steak on a Foreman grill in reality.

No, the fun of grilling is making good food. Doesn't matter how you get there as long as it tastes good and my gas grilling is tons better than my charcoal grilling.

I'm curious at your statement though. You talk about putting effort into your cooking then you mention the Foreman grill? Seriously?:doh!:

Great Expectations 07-21-2013 08:31 PM

Why not just get a big green egg?

It gets much hotter than the gas grill in the op in just a few minutes and smokes better than the Weber bullet.

You also don't ever have to replace it

Guru 07-21-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9826138)
Why not just get a big green egg?

It gets much hotter than the gas grill in the op in just a few minutes and smokes better than the Weber bullet.

You also don't ever have to replace it

I bought a Weber because "you can't do it wrong on a Weber" yet I still did. No, I'm done with charcoal.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.