ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Obama Whats the timing on Cruise Missiles? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275560)

HonestChieffan 08-24-2013 10:30 AM

Whats the timing on Cruise Missiles?

This is gonna happen. You know Obama is gonna hammer some big ones into Syria soon. So whats the timing...Im on Tuesday/Wednesday. Best for News coverage and The administration can claim complete victory before a weekend and the end of Baseball season/Golf TV/NFL start up.

cosmo20002 08-24-2013 12:36 PM

Obama not getting involved in Syria! :cuss:
Obama getting involved in Syria! :cuss:

Another winner HCF! :thumb:

suzzer99 08-24-2013 12:47 PM

Four soldiers died in Syria while Obama sat in the situation room and laughed! We don't need evidence or a coherent theory. Impeach now!

Cochise 08-24-2013 12:48 PM

Who cares? It's not about doing anything meaningful or taking a position, it's about looking like you are doing something meaningful without actually taking any political risk.

cosmo20002 08-24-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 9910570)
Who cares? It's not about doing anything meaningful or taking a position, it's about looking like you are doing something meaningful without actually taking any political risk.

As if it is possible to do anything, including doing nothing, without it being a political risk. Whiners gonna whine no matter what he does. It's what you and HCF do.

Rausch 08-24-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9910377)
This is gonna happen. You know Obama is gonna hammer some big ones into Syria soon.

LMAO

Rausch 08-24-2013 01:14 PM

Less than 5 years ago Lebanon was hospitable to Christians, a wonderful tourist spot, and one of the best examples of free society in the ME.

There was a small portion in time the hope was they were one light in the darkness of the ME.

:doh!:

cosmo20002 08-24-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9910609)
Less than 5 years ago Lebanon was hospitable to Christians, a wonderful tourist spot, and one of the best examples of free society in the ME.

There was a small portion in time the hope was they were one light in the darkness of the ME.

You might want to check your timeframe.

Rausch 08-24-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9910636)
You might want to check your timeframe.

You're probably right.

That would have been pre-2003.

And me being way off...

Cochise 08-24-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9910576)
As if it is possible to do anything, including doing nothing, without it being a political risk. Whiners gonna whine no matter what he does. It's what you and HCF do.

No, I am not in agreement with any sort of military intervention including lobbing a few missiles for the TV cameras.

It's an internal issue in Syria that does not seem to effect the international community at this point, so I don't feel we have any military interest there.

However, we and the rest of the world can express our opinion of what's happening over there by completely isolating Assad's government economically and diplomatically.

HonestChieffan 08-24-2013 04:27 PM

Yippie Ti Yay MF'er

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/u...vy-550x392.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. naval forces are moving closer to Syria as President Barack Obama considers military options for responding to the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Assad government. The president emphasized that a quick intervention in the Syrian civil war was problematic, given the international considerations that should precede a military strike.

The White House said the president would meet Saturday with his national security team to consider possible next steps by the United States. Officials say once the facts are clear, Obama will make a decision about how to proceed.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel declined to discuss any specific force movements while saying that Obama had asked the Pentagon to prepare military options for Syria. U.S. defense officials told The Associated Press that the Navy had sent a fourth warship armed with ballistic missiles into the eastern Mediterranean Sea but without immediate orders for any missile launch into Syria.

U.S. Navy ships are capable of a variety of military action, including launching Tomahawk cruise missiles, as they did against Libya in 2011 as part of an international action that led to the overthrow of the Libyan government.

demonhero 08-24-2013 04:37 PM

Good news.. a couple cruise missiles, and a trip to Syria round trip will be $700. **** you Obama, I don't want to go to that shithole anytime soon.

Hog Farmer 08-24-2013 05:28 PM

I'd be surprised if he did that . He's really not a conflict type of guy. Actually , if he ever launches missiles I expect it to be off our own coast at our own people. 2014 and 2015 will be quite interesting here at the homeland.

GloucesterChief 08-24-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9910609)

You need a 0 after that 5 but yes Beirut was the Paris of the Middle East.

Pawnmower 08-25-2013 09:33 AM

The polling is so incredibly low on getting involved, I think it is just for show.

I guess he COULD because he isn't running for re-election, but....

I say nay.

We're not doing it unless there is some kind of absolutely clear proof of Assad ordering this or we KNOW where the rest of the Sarin is.