ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Save Our Water... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275724)

teedubya 08-29-2013 10:14 PM

Save Our Water...

Here's some more Chiefs hilarity... so it was hot as balls out tonight... 90+ degrees. I bought my daughter and I some water, as I'm not drinking soda and since I was with my daughter, I wasn't drinking beer.

We are leaving the stadium and I have about 2/3rd of my SmartWater left... the security guard said to me while I was leaving, "Excuse me, sir... you can't take that water with you outside of the stadium."

I say, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaa? Are you kidding me? I paid $7 for this water, I'm taking my souvenir home."

He said, "I will not be letting you leave this stadium with that water."

The dude almost got a shower with some $7 dollar water. I chugged the rest and said, "I literally, can't believe this franchise, at times."

Then, of course, I tweeted the Chiefs. Who the hell makes these asinine policies? I can understand not leaving with beer or alcohol... but I paid one-fifth of my monthly household bill for water... I'm drinking the f&cking water.

It's not about the money, it's the principle. Seriously. #SaveOurWater LOL

I'm not going to make a big stink about this... but the $27 parking. $7 water. $9 beer... I don't see how some families can afford it.

Fish 08-29-2013 10:17 PM

Yeah, seriously. $27 parking and $4.75 12oz. bottles of water... but you can't take that shit out the stadium. WTF?

BigMeatballDave 08-29-2013 10:17 PM

Can't leave with the water? Wtf?

teedubya 08-29-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9925352)
Yeah, seriously. $27 parking and $4.75 12oz. bottles of water... but you can't take that shit out the stadium. WTF?

And the larger 1.5 liter one is $7ish... totally crazy. Isn't that NFL TV contract big enough?

WakkaWakka 08-29-2013 10:20 PM

This is the kinda stupid shit that makes me not even wanna go to the stadium anymore. Just as easily watch it at home and have all the beverages I want.

Deberg_1990 08-29-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9925340)

... I don't see how some families can afford it.

Most don't anymore. I dropped $110 bucks on my family at the Royals game a few weeks ago. Insane.

Thig Lyfe 08-29-2013 10:26 PM

Are you not allowed to bring your own water?

teedubya 08-29-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9925399)
Are you not allowed to bring your own water?

Dunno. I didn't think to. I was rushing from the airport... home to pick up my daughter...

I know you used to be able to, as long as it was sealed.

The dude told me, "That I might put something in my drink and take it home with me."

I was like, "Oh, I'm going to pour out $7 water, so I can sneak out a $20 dollar vodka tonic?"

Phobia 08-29-2013 10:31 PM

I would have stood right there sipping it for about 45 minutes while he stood there watching me.

Iowanian 08-29-2013 10:31 PM

You should have removed your tap and given them back the water you drank earlier in the game too.............

DaneMcCloud 08-29-2013 10:33 PM

I have a friend that recently moved to the San Diego area from Vegas. He's a die hard Chiefs fan but bought season tickets for the Chargers this season because for the first time in 20 years, he's living in an NFL town again and enjoys NFL football.

So at the very first Chargers pre-season game, he's heading into the stadium when two security guards/police confront him:

Police: "Sir, you need to remove your wallet chain. It's a weapon".

Friend:
"Weapon? It's so I don't forget my wallet. I rode the Amtrak down and I'll be in and out of the restroom and concession stand all night. I don't want to lose my wallet. It has my return ticket, my ID, etc.".

Police: "Sir, if you want to go into this stadium and watch the game, you have to give us your wallet chain because it's a weapon".

Friend: Fine.

Then, he had to go out the next day and buy a new wallet chain.

What the **** is that shit?

Saul Good 08-29-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9925421)
I would have stood right there sipping it for about 45 minutes while he stood there watching me.

Then you have no life.

Phobia 08-29-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9925427)
Then you have no life.

I may have misplaced a decimal point there.

WakkaWakka 08-29-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9925426)
I have a friend that recently moved to the San Diego area from Vegas. He's a die hard Chiefs fan but bought season tickets for the Chargers this season because for the first time in 20 years, he's living in an NFL town again and enjoys NFL football.

So at the very first Chargers pre-season game, he's heading into the stadium when two security guards/police confront him:

Police: "Sir, you need to remove your wallet chain. It's a weapon".

Friend:
"Weapon? It's so I don't forget my wallet. I rode the Amtrak down and I'll be in and out of the restroom and concession stand all night. I don't want to lose my wallet. It has my return ticket, my ID, etc.".

Police: "Sir, if you want to go into this stadium and watch the game, you have to give us your wallet chain because it's a weapon".

Friend: Fine.

Then, he had to go out the next day and buy a new wallet chain.

What the **** is that shit?

But yet Raider fans can take in shoulder pads that have spikes on them.

Bearcat 08-29-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9925392)
Most don't anymore. I dropped $110 bucks on my family at the Royals game a few weeks ago. Insane.

Hey, that would get you (not any of your family, of course) a decent seat at Arrowhead and a place to park. You couldn't have anything to eat or drink though.