ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Reid/Dorsey Roster Changes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275783)

Rain Man 09-01-2013 03:25 PM

The Reid/Dorsey Roster Changes

I'm basing this off the current Chiefs roster, which only shows 52 players right now. Presumably we're keeping a roster spot open for J.J. Watt, or perhaps some currently unknown jungle boy a la Disney films.

Here's how our roster has changed from last year. The numbers correspond to the number of new starters, new backups, holdover starters, and holdover backups.

QBs - 1, 2, 0, 0 - Complete turnover in this position. I don't even remember who our QBs were last year.

RBs - 1, 1, 1, 2 - New fullback, and we kept Jamaal and Cyrus the Gray-t. (We really should sign Ramses Barden so we can put Cyrus the Gray-t and Ramses on the field.)

WRs - 1, 1, 1, 3 - This is a little misleading because our holdovers include Devon Wylie and Junior Hemingway, so this group is mostly new. I'm still kind of excited about this because I like those guys.

TEs - 1, 2, 0, 0 - Complete turnover. They burned the position to the ground and started over. Moeaki was injured in the fire.

OL - 1, 2, 4, 1 - Very little turnover, at least among starters. Hudson will be kind of new, but is technically a holdover starter, and I'm making an assumption that Allen is the starter at LG. Our only new starter is some rookie at the non-impact position of RT.

STs (K, P, LS) - 0, 0, 3, 0 - No changes at all here. I'm not counting returners, in part because I'm not sure who our returners are at this point.

DL - 1, 0, 2, 3 - Almost no changes here. Just DeVito, unless you count the fact that Poe is now a wrecking machine.

LB - 1, 5, 3, 0 - No need to mess with the starters other than the dead one, but the backups are all new. Probably not a huge surprise since these guys are often special-teams bullets.

DB - 1, 4, 3, 1 - I'm assuming that Kendrick is the starter until his next injury, but could be wrong. Lots of new backups, mostly veterans.

I thought it was interesting that we'll have one new starter in every single unit except special teams. And the lines didn't get much attention while they focused on QB, TE, and the defensive back seven (mostly DBs).

OrtonsPiercedTaint 09-01-2013 03:26 PM

Stanzi will be back after he scopes out the Jags.

...maybe the Bills and Raiders too

BlackHelicopters 09-01-2013 03:27 PM

Our offensive line sucks balls.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-01-2013 03:28 PM

Punt / Kick returners are new

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-01-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9931752)
Punt / Kick returners are new

Also all of our Rookies are different from the rookies we had last year.

Rain Man 09-01-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9931754)
Also all of our Rookies are different from the rookies we had last year.

It really frustrates me that we never seem to have the same rookies two years in a row. They really need to develop those rookies.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9931750)
Our offensive line sucks balls.

It will never be an acceptable line until all positions are filled with first round picks/Cocksucking Lil'Chiefy

BlackHelicopters 09-01-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9931847)
It will never be an acceptable line until all positions are filled with first round picks/Cocksucking Lil'Chiefy

LMAO

ChiefGator 09-01-2013 04:13 PM

Moderately interesting, Mr. RainyPants.

If you had given me a percentage of turnover at each position, it would have tasked my brain a little bit less.

ChiefGator 09-02-2013 11:26 AM

Maybe you should update the OP now? I guess none of these guys are penciled in at starters yet, but certainly the backup positions have rolled some more.

OzarksChiefsFan 09-02-2013 11:29 AM

You didn't include Davis in your RBs?

Bowser 09-02-2013 11:30 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/227...in-hurts-o.gif

Dylan 09-02-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9931742)
I'm basing this off the current Chiefs roster, which only shows 52 players right now. Presumably we're keeping a roster spot open for J.J. Watt, or perhaps some currently unknown jungle boy a la Disney films.

Here's how our roster has changed from last year. The numbers correspond to the number of new starters, new backups, holdover starters, and holdover backups.

QBs - 1, 2, 0, 0 - Complete turnover in this position. I don't even remember who our QBs were last year.

RBs - 1, 1, 1, 2 - New fullback, and we kept Jamaal and Cyrus the Gray-t. (We really should sign Ramses Barden so we can put Cyrus the Gray-t and Ramses on the field.)

WRs - 1, 1, 1, 3 - This is a little misleading because our holdovers include Devon Wylie and Junior Hemingway, so this group is mostly new. I'm still kind of excited about this because I like those guys.

TEs - 1, 2, 0, 0 - Complete turnover. They burned the position to the ground and started over. Moeaki was injured in the fire.

OL - 1, 2, 4, 1 - Very little turnover, at least among starters. Hudson will be kind of new, but is technically a holdover starter, and I'm making an assumption that Allen is the starter at LG. Our only new starter is some rookie at the non-impact position of RT.

STs (K, P, LS) - 0, 0, 3, 0 - No changes at all here. I'm not counting returners, in part because I'm not sure who our returners are at this point.

DL - 1, 0, 2, 3 - Almost no changes here. Just DeVito, unless you count the fact that Poe is now a wrecking machine.

LB - 1, 5, 3, 0 - No need to mess with the starters other than the dead one, but the backups are all new. Probably not a huge surprise since these guys are often special-teams bullets.

DB - 1, 4, 3, 1 - I'm assuming that Kendrick is the starter until his next injury, but could be wrong. Lots of new backups, mostly veterans.

I thought it was interesting that we'll have one new starter in every single unit except special teams. And the lines didn't get much attention while they focused on QB, TE, and the defensive back seven (mostly DBs).

Ramses Barden was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury on 8/31.

Quote:

Barden re-signed with the Giants on May 23.
I thought Barden was cut on 8/31...Nevertheless, Barden had a great game against the Panthers last season filling in for Hakeem Nicks.

http://www.giants.com/team/roster.html