ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Religion Fred Phelps' Finds His Neighbors Are a Drag (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275956)

gblowfish 09-07-2013 10:57 AM

Fred Phelps' Finds His Neighbors Are a Drag

Or I should say "In Drag...."

http://tinyurl.com/krfl5dj

The Westboro Baptist Church is in for a big surprise come October: Planting Peace is planning to make the group's Kansas headquarters the centerpiece of its drag show.

Planting Peace, an anti-hate nonprofit championing for equal rights, is planning to hold a drag show at its Equality House on Oct. 26 and march around the Westboro Baptist Church's Topeka headquarters, Queerty first reported. The Equality House sits across the street from the WBC compound and is painted in the rainbow colors of the pride flag. It is a symbol a symbol of peace, compassion and positive change.

The plan was announced in a post on Equality House's Facebook page:

On October 26th Planting Peace will be hosting the first annual Equality House drag themed walk-a-thon! We are inviting you, your family, and your friends to all come out and parade around the Westboro Baptist Church with us whether in costume or not but either way raising money for the Equality House and looking fabulous during the whole event!! If you or a team would like to sign up or receive more information please send us a Facebook message!!

The event will be called the "Drag Down Bigotry" walk-a-thon.

"Planting Peace is very excited to be hosting our first 'Drag Down Bigotry' walk-a-thon in front of the Westboro Baptist Church," Aaron Jackson, president of Planting Peace, told The Huffington Post in an email Friday. "Although we intend for everyone to go 'all out' and have fun with this event, the cause itself is a very serious one. Young LGBTQ youth are committing suicide at a staggering rate because they are being made to feel as if they are 'less than.' We intend to change that message."

Jackson, who will be making his first drag debut at the event, explained that everyday people email Planting Peace with ideas for upcoming events. A drag show is one of the most suggested. Since Planting Peace had already been considering holding a walk-a-thon, they decided to combine the two into one. Those planning to join, or those just looking to lend support, can donate at Crowd Rise.

The group is hoping to get RuPaul to come to Kansas and support the event. Jackson is sending a formal request on Sept. 6.

RuPaul was not immediately available for comment.

The Equality House was painted the colors of the pride flag in March. Since then, Planting Peace has been fighting back against Westboro's messages of hate. The group has hosted protests, lemonade stands, a same-sex wedding and even a snowman, to push back against the quasi-religious group.

Ace Gunner 09-07-2013 11:00 AM

What goes on in Topeka stays in Topeka

KILLER_CLOWN 09-07-2013 11:31 AM

Nuke it from orbit?

Stewie 09-07-2013 11:41 AM

For an "anti-hate" group they sure seem to hate the Fred Phelps clan. Not that Phelps isn't a complete dick-throb, but is it only "hate" if it's thrown in a certain direction?

KILLER_CLOWN 09-07-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9947082)
For an "anti-hate" group they sure seem to hate the Fred Phelps clan. Not that Phelps isn't a complete dick-throb, but is it only "hate" if it's thrown in a certain direction?

That's why I said evacuate Lzen and nuke it from orbit?

Brock 09-07-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9947082)

Because putting on a drag show is the same thing as harassing grieving families.

Prison Bitch 09-07-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9947094)
Because putting on a drag show is the same thing as harassing grieving families.

But drag is gross and the gay lifestyle which it mimics isn't an acceptable alternative to Phelps for many people. Choosing neither is just fine.

Over the years I never could understand why these folks keep getting attention. Then one day I figured it out: they exist in the public conscious because someone wants them to exist. And who could that be? Who could want to pillory white "Christian" extremist nuts from a throwaway redneck state? I mean I know this is a tough one but think long and hard who that might be.

JASONSAUTO 09-07-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9947106)
But drag is gross and the gay lifestyle which it mimics isn't an acceptable alternative to Phelps for many people. Choosing neither is just fine.

Over the years I never could understand why these folks keep getting attention. Then one day I figured it out: they exist in the public conscious because someone wants them to exist. And who could that be? Who could want to pillory white "Christian" extremist nuts from a throwaway redneck state? I mean I know this is a tough one but think long and hard who that might be.

they keep getting attention because of the horrible shit they do.

Picket a funeral? I would gladly go to jail they picket one I'm at...
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO 09-07-2013 12:55 PM

Oh and you are a ****ing idiot with that dumb ass post
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Prison Bitch 09-07-2013 03:03 PM

Fred Phelps ran in the Democratic primary for Governor of Kansas once. I guess the party didn't realize Fred is a Democrat but he is.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 09-07-2013 09:06 PM

How Phelps doesn't have a gay child/grandchild by now is amazing. Bigots usually get hit square in the family sooner or later.

cosmo20002 09-07-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9947001)
Or I should say "In Drag...."

http://tinyurl.com/krfl5dj

The Westboro Baptist Church is in for a big surprise come October: Planting Peace is planning to make the group's Kansas headquarters the centerpiece of its drag show.

The problem with this is that the Westboro people don't give a shit. It's not going to bother them. It will give them attention. This what they LIVE for--to tell the world they are going to hell for tolerating things like homosexuality, and now they'll have a bunch of gay guys in women's clothes parading around their house. This is a gift to the Phelps family.

Prison Bitch 09-07-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9948770)
How Phelps doesn't have a gay child/grandchild by now is amazing. Bigots usually get hit square in the family sooner or later.

Exactly. Or that he'd have a Republican heir by now.

Dave Lane 09-07-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9947564)
Fred Phelps ran in the Democratic primary for Governor of Kansas once. I guess the party didn't realize Fred is a Democrat but he is.

Once upon a time a Republican freed the slaves. True story.

Dave Lane 09-07-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9948770)

Phelps is the gay. You read the books the former family members put out and its obvious. Or you can just just pay heed to the prince of Denmark's remarks. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.