ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics What America Has Become (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276529)

Chiefshrink 09-21-2013 05:39 PM

What America Has Become
 
What Has America Become by Ken Huber of Tawas City


July 20, 2010

"What Has America Become" was the title of a letter to the editior written by Ken Huber of Tawas City, Michigan. It contains a series of comparisons and contrasts which causes one to think about the double-standards and conditions under which we now live here in America.

A reprint of the article has been circulating online (see photo with this article) finding its way to Fort Worth and possibly all over the nation. It was originally printed in the Iosco County News Herald on June 9, 2010, published in the Opinion column. Please read, post your thoughts, and as always feel free to subscribe for future articles and/or
share with others.

What has America become?

Editor,

Has America become the land of special interest and home of the double standard?

Lets see: if we lie to the Congress, it's a felony and if the Congress lies to us its just politics; if we dislike a black person, we're racist and if a black person dislikes whites, its their 1st Amendment right; the government spends millions to rehabilitate criminals and they do almost nothing for the victims; in public schools you can teach that homosexuality is OK, but you better not use the word God in the process; you can kill an unborn child, but it is wrong to execute a mass murderer; we don't burn books in America, we now rewrite them; we got rid of communist and socialist threats by renaming them progressive; we are unable to close our border with Mexico, but have no problem protecting the 38th parallel in Korea; if you protest against President Obama's policies you're a terrorist, but if you burned an American flag or George Bush in effigy it was your 1st Amendment right.

You can have pornography on TV or the internet, but you better not put a nativity scene in a public park during Christmas; we have eliminated all criminals in America, they are now called sick people; we can use a human fetus for medical research, but it is wrong to use an animal.

We take money from those who work hard for it and give it to those who don't want to work; we all support the Constitution, but only when it supports our political ideology; we still have freedom of speech, but only if we are being politically correct; parenting has been replaced with Ritalin and video games; the land of opportunity is now the land of hand outs; the similarity between Hurricane Katrina and the gulf oil spill is that neither president did anything to help.

And how do we handle a major crisis today? The government appoints a committee to determine who's at fault, then threatens them, passes a law, raises our taxes; tells us the problem is solved so they can get back to their reelection campaign.

What has happened to the land of the free and home of the brave?

- Ken Huber
Tawas City

Fish 09-21-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Lets see: if we lie to the Congress, it's a felony and if the Congress lies to us its just politics; if we dislike a black person, we're racist and if a black person dislikes whites, its their 1st Amendment right; the government spends millions to rehabilitate criminals and they do almost nothing for the victims; in public schools you can teach that homosexuality is OK, but you better not use the word God in the process; you can kill an unborn child, but it is wrong to execute a mass murderer; we don't burn books in America, we now rewrite them; we got rid of communist and socialist threats by renaming them progressive; we are unable to close our border with Mexico, but have no problem protecting the 38th parallel in Korea; if you protest against President Obama's policies you're a terrorist, but if you burned an American flag or George Bush in effigy it was your 1st Amendment right.
:facepalm:

Nutty hyperbole nonsense....

Chiefshrink 09-21-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10005338)
:facepalm:

Nutty hyperbole nonsense....

Look in the mirror if you want to see who is really NUTS !!!

Detoxing 09-21-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 10005352)
Look in the mirror if you want to see who is really NUTS !!!

LMAO

Fish 09-21-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 10005352)
Look in the mirror if you want to see who is really NUTS !!!

No, you are the ones who are the ball lickers!!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/472/qgsx.jpg

Sully 09-21-2013 06:28 PM

Is the guy for or against burning books?

Aries Walker 09-21-2013 07:06 PM

The guy who wrote the letter is logically all over the place. His ideas are all over the place, he makes little sense, and he offers no solutions. But . . .

I can understand his frustration.

Brock 09-21-2013 07:23 PM

Signed, Paul Harvey 1965

Thig Lyfe 09-21-2013 07:24 PM

I blame Obama.

ClevelandBronco 09-21-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10005546)
The guy who wrote the letter is logically all over the place. His ideas are all over the place, he makes little sense, and he offers no solutions. But . . .

I can understand his frustration.

It's more of a stream of consciousness musing than a logical argument. Logic has its place, but it doesn't belong everywhere.

Aries Walker 09-21-2013 08:52 PM

Fair enough.

mlyonsd 09-21-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10005338)
:facepalm:

Nutty hyperbole nonsense....

Some hyperbole but the thoughts are very much spot on.

HonestChieffan 09-21-2013 10:20 PM

Look around. Listen. You cant help but to see the deterioration. The future for the tweenty and thirtysomethings is shit. And they wont be able to find a way out of the mess they are creating. But they will find someone to blame.

ClevelandBronco 09-21-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10006100)
Look around. Listen. You cant help but to see the deterioration. The future for the tweenty and thirtysomethings is shit. And they wont be able to find a way out of the mess they are creating. But they will find someone to blame.

The mess they're creating? Want to borrow my mirror?

|Zach| 09-22-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10005386)
No, you are the ones who are the ball lickers!!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/472/qgsx.jpg

LMAOLMAO


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.