ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New York Media Also Going Full reerun.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276831)

gblowfish 09-30-2013 12:19 PM

New York Media Also Going Full reerun....

Check out this story with Justin Tuck:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...3551--nfl.html

Easy 6 09-30-2013 12:23 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1lWJXDG2i0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

alpha_omega 09-30-2013 12:25 PM

Well, i can respect his loyalty.

ChiefsCountry 09-30-2013 12:26 PM

Giants are going to end up like the 1998 Chiefs. Coughlin's run is done. Time to rebuild or reload in NY.

RealSNR 09-30-2013 12:27 PM

It isn't like Tom Coughlin has run his course like Andy did in Philly. He's been there for less than 10 years and has two championships to show for it.

The Giants surely can't be so stupid as to fire him.

I mean, I wouldn't fire him. Who would do a better job next year? Perry ****ing Fewell?

Buehler445 09-30-2013 12:27 PM

I love a good fight. I'd pay to see Justin Tuck **** some bitches up.

Buehler445 09-30-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10035074)
It isn't like Tom Coughlin has run his course like Andy did in Philly. He's been there for less than 10 years and has two championships to show for it.

I mean, I wouldn't fire him. Who the **** would do a better job next year? Perry ****ing Fewell?

Weren't they talking about him being firmly on the hotseat, and he promptly won the Super Bowl? I can't remember if it was that or if it was 2 years after his first one they were ready to show him the door.

RealSNR 09-30-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10035086)
Weren't they talking about him being firmly on the hotseat, and he promptly won the Super Bowl? I can't remember if it was that or if it was 2 years after his first one they were ready to show him the door.

It was the first Super Bowl. Coughlin's first season was when they brought in Kurt Warner and Manning was a rookie. The players hated his uptight nature and restrictive rules. He didn't win shit his first two years in that organization, so he absolutely deserved to be on the hot seat prior to the Super Bowl run.

Since then I don't know how any owner can't look past this one season given what Coughlin has brought to New York. It isn't like he did one or two championships and then followed it up with nothing but mediocrity (see: Shanarat, Gruden, Billick)

WhiteWhale 09-30-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10035086)

I think it was both times.

Molitoth 09-30-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10035109)
I think it was both times.

It was.

WhiteWhale 09-30-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10035102)
It was the first Super Bowl. Coughlin's first season was when they brought in Kurt Warner and Manning was a rookie. The players hated his uptight nature and restrictive rules. He didn't win shit his first two years in that organization, so he absolutely deserved to be on the hot seat prior to the Super Bowl run.

Since then I don't know how any owner can't look past this one season given what Coughlin has brought to New York. It isn't like he did one or two championships and then followed it up with nothing but mediocrity (see: Shanarat, Gruden, Billick)

They were all over him in 2011 after the G-men dropped 5 of 6. It looked like they'd miss the playoffs in a huge 2nd half collapse and there were a lot of bobble heads talking junk. Of course they won their last 2 regular season games and then won the SB after that.

MahiMike 09-30-2013 12:42 PM

I'd take Coughlin back in Jax in a heartbeat. He still lives here on the ocean.

Easy 6 09-30-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 10035117)
I'd take Coughlin back in Jax in a heartbeat. He still lives here on the ocean.

If NY is stupid enough to let him go, getting him back would be the best move they ever made.

Fire Me Boy! 09-30-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10035074)

I mean, I wouldn't fire him. Who would do a better job next year? Perry ****ing Fewell?

Lane Kiffen is available.

DaneMcCloud 09-30-2013 01:40 PM

I think it's time for Coughlin to go. He should have retired last year.

The players have tuned him out. Kevin Gilbride has been awful. Their defense hasn't been much better and their GM should be on the hotseat as well.

It's a shame that he's going out like this but unless this team does a 180 and has a playoff run, Coughlin's out.

He's 67 years old and has nothing left to prove. I think it's likely he's a Hall of Famer.