ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Education Who Approves Of Obamacare? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277544)

Prison Bitch 10-16-2013 05:15 PM

Who Approves Of Obamacare?

Blacks: 91%
Hispanics: 61%
Whites: 29%

Source: Pew Research Center and USA Today survey conducted Sept. 4-8

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ical-edge.html

HonestChieffan 10-16-2013 05:38 PM

Free stuff rules

Deberg_1990 10-16-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10092228)
Free stuff rules

What's free about Obamacare?

CrazyPhuD 10-16-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10092246)

Many people's care, if you're young and/or healthy you're getting ****ed. The single most offensive bit is the limit that says the most expensive premium can be no more expensive than 3X the cheapest one. So if you'd normally have an expensive premium then you're getting a deal in many cases.

If you were young and/or healthy you now have to pay MUCH more for your policy because the sickest are now paying much less. So the healthiest are now subsidizing the sickest.

That frankly is not how the system should work and honestly isn't scalable. Why would the young/healthy pay to subsidize the sick? The ONLY reason to do so is if you have significant assets that you can't afford to lose in bankruptcy.

If you've got nothing you're better off telling the system to go pound sand and pay the fine. Basically the best model for most people is to not buy healthy insurance when they are young and take their chances. Only when they get old enough or sick enough should they consider buying healthy insurance. AND since you can't be denied for preexisting conditions there's really not much downside to rolling the dice.

If you get sick you'll still get treated, you just may have to declare bankruptcy if you get really unlucky when you're young. But if you can put off treatment for a few months(or manufacture a life event like a job loss), you can then buy insurance when you get sick and you're all good to go.

Hell get really sick....quit your job(or get married)....have a 'life event' that allows you to now buy insurance from the exchanges and bam you're covered the next day. Why should the young and generally healthy buy insurance off the exchanges again? Because it's the 'right' thing to do?

AustinChief 10-16-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

And nothing I could say
Could ever make them see the light
Now apathy is happy that
It won without a fight

Prison Bitch 10-16-2013 06:22 PM

It makes perfect sense why blacks and most Hispanics would favor it.

HonestChieffan 10-16-2013 06:35 PM

It was sold as free stuff. With a phone.

A bad salesman can make that fly

Happy days.

Calcountry 10-16-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10092228)
Free stuff rules

I got my fool stamps and my bama fon.

KILLER_CLOWN 10-16-2013 06:38 PM

What's not to like about rape? I mean many have said just lay back and enjoy it right?

Dylan 10-16-2013 06:56 PM

President Panic

cosmo20002 10-16-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10092335)
It makes perfect sense why blacks and most Hispanics would favor it.

why?

ghak99 10-16-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 10092275)
Many people's care, if you're young and/or healthy you're getting ****ed. The single most offensive bit is the limit that says the most expensive premium can be no more expensive than 3X the cheapest one. So if you'd normally have an expensive premium then you're getting a deal in many cases.

If you were young and/or healthy you now have to pay MUCH more for your policy because the sickest are now paying much less. So the healthiest are now subsidizing the sickest.

That frankly is not how the system should work and honestly isn't scalable. Why would the young/healthy pay to subsidize the sick? The ONLY reason to do so is if you have significant assets that you can't afford to lose in bankruptcy.

If you've got nothing you're better off telling the system to go pound sand and pay the fine. Basically the best model for most people is to not buy healthy insurance when they are young and take their chances. Only when they get old enough or sick enough should they consider buying healthy insurance. AND since you can't be denied for preexisting conditions there's really not much downside to rolling the dice.

If you get sick you'll still get treated, you just may have to declare bankruptcy if you get really unlucky when you're young. But if you can put off treatment for a few months(or manufacture a life event like a job loss), you can then buy insurance when you get sick and you're all good to go.

Hell get really sick....quit your job(or get married)....have a 'life event' that allows you to now buy insurance from the exchanges and bam you're covered the next day. Why should the young and generally healthy buy insurance off the exchanges again? Because it's the 'right' thing to do?

:hmmm:

Prison Bitch 10-16-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10092246)

For some people, it's a great deal. Like any govt program there will be payors and beneficiaries.

Fairplay 10-16-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 10092410)

I see evil, I really do.

cosmo20002 10-16-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10092736)
I see evil, I really do.

Of course you do.