ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Did Marshawn Lynch Give the Seattle Coaching Staff the Middle Finger? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277644)

rico 10-19-2013 12:42 PM

Did Marshawn Lynch Give the Seattle Coaching Staff the Middle Finger?

I didn't notice this Thursday... I noticed that he seemed agitated when this unraveled, but didn't notice the hand gestures.

From Bleacher Report (blech):

Did Marshawn Lynch Flip Off His Sideline After Not Getting the Ball?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_...shawnLynch.gif

During the third quarter of Thursday Night Football between the Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals, it appeared that Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch gestured with his middle finger toward the sideline after getting the play call from Russell Wilson.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BW4LKwZCAAAUpRM.png:large

What would Lynch be upset about? We don't know for sure, but the play call was for a play-action pass instead of a run on 3rd-and-goal from inside the 1-yard line. It would make sense if Lynch was upset about not getting the ball.

In case you were wondering, Wilson ended up throwing a touchdown pass to Kellen Davis on the play, and the Seahawks went on to win 34-22.

rico 10-19-2013 12:43 PM

Kind of a bold move, IMO. How would a coach like Pete Carroll respond to behavior like this?

ThaVirus 10-19-2013 12:47 PM

If I remember right, that was right after Marshawn had completely run over Darnell Docket to put them at the 1 yard line. I'm not a fan of players putting themselves above the team, but that did seem like the Seattle coaching staff trying to be too cute.

Something else to think about with that, Marshawn basically just tipped the Zona defense off as to what the play call would be. If he was actually flipping his coaches the bird.

lcarus 10-19-2013 12:48 PM

No hes gesturing to the med staff. He broke his finger.

Not really. Not sure what his issue was.

ThaVirus 10-19-2013 12:49 PM

I like pretty much all of Seattle's players, especially Wilson and Chancellor, I like the way the team plays, and I like that they're a smaller market team that's garnering some serious interest; but Pete Carroll is a douche of epic proportions. I would not be mad if he lost his players and the team completely unraveled because of it.

rico 10-19-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10098905)
If I remember right, that was right after Marshawn had completely run over Darnell Docket to put them at the 1 yard line. I'm not a fan of players putting themselves above the team, but that did seem like the Seattle coaching staff trying to be too cute.

Something else to think about with that, Marshawn basically just tipped the Zona defense off as to what the play call would be. If he was actually flipping his coaches the bird.

I thought about the same thing last night when I initially read the article. I thought that factor added to the potential stupidity of it all.

HoneyBadger 10-19-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10098912)
I like pretty much all of Seattle's players, especially Wilson and Chancellor, I like the way the team plays, and I like that they're a smaller market team that's garnering some serious interest; but Pete Carroll is a douche of epic proportions. I would not be mad if he lost his players and the team completely unraveled because of it.

How exactly is he a douche? What has he done?

rico 10-19-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Because of the players on the Seattle team, if I were not a die-hard Chiefs fan, I'd probably be all about the Seahawks. Just love their squad...even Beast Mode...in fact, Beast Mode is my favorite RB in the NFL excluding Charles.

DaneMcCloud 10-19-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

LMAO

:facepalm:

Pete Carroll is FAR from being a "douche". His players love him, his ex-players love him and he's a great football coach.

ThaVirus 10-19-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 10098932)
How exactly is he a douche? What has he done?

He likes to run up the score.

He chews gum like a douche.

He looks like a douche.

He is a douche.

DaneMcCloud 10-19-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10098966)
He likes to run up the score.

He chews gum like a douche.

He looks like a douche.

He is a douche.

Good grief

ThaVirus 10-19-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10098961)
LMAO

:facepalm:

Pete Carroll is FAR from being a "douche". His players love him, his ex-players love him and he's a great football coach.

From all accounts I've heard, Philip Rivers' teammates love him.

He's also a douche. Actually, he's a crybaby douche and that might be even worse.

vailpass 10-19-2013 01:10 PM

He better hope Goodell didn't see that finger...

notorious 10-19-2013 01:10 PM

Lynch must have himself on his fantasy football team.

rico 10-19-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10098971)
From all accounts I've heard, Philip Rivers' teammates love him.

He's also a douche. Actually, he's a crybaby douche and that might be even worse.

I feel awful admitting this. I've had a difficult time admitting it to myself... but Rivers. When he first caught my attention, I hated him because of his antics. However, I would be a freaking liar if I were to say that the dude has grown on me. I am not a "fan" of the guy because I am not a "fan" of the team he plays for...but ****, I have to get this off my chest: I like Phillip Rivers. And it's primarily due to the fact that I think that despite his inclination to choking, he generally plays well combined with the fact that his antics have TOTALLY cracked me up. Obnoxious or not, if a person's antics have made me laugh on multiple occasions, it is inevitable that I begin liking them to a certain degree (depending on the circumstances). I laughed my ass off when he threw a hissy fit and kicked the ball away like a little he-bitch in the MNF game a few years ago.

Oh, and who can forget this:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-...t-day-ever.gif

Haha, yeah...Rivers makes me laugh...ugh, so I kind of don't hate the guy despite being a Bolt.