ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hali and Houston injury news (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278947)

Mr. Laz 11-25-2013 12:40 PM

Hali and Houston injury news

Andy Reid on Tamba Hali and Justin Houston's injuries
By Joel Thorman  @JoelThorman on Nov 25 2013, 12:30p 4

The Kansas City Chiefs head coach on Monday updated everyone on the injuries suffered by Tamba Hali (ankle) and Justin Houston (elbow) in Sunday's loss to the San Diego Chargers.

Tamba Hali has an ankle sprain.

"He did have an MRI on it," Reid said. "That's what it is, a slight ankle sprain. He'll continue to work this week. He was moving around a little bit better today than he was after the game yesterday."

Considering what some of us feared, this is good news. It could be worse (it could always be worse).

More notes on Tamba's injury:

It's not a high ankle sprain.

"He made big improvements from yesterday but we just have to see how he does," Reid said when asked about Tamba practicing this week.

"He was on crutches after the game and today he was able to walk in the pool," Reid said. "He came in with one crutch so we're halfway there."
"The MRI was a positive."

Justin Houston: Subluxed elbow

"Justin Houston subluxed his elbow," Reid said. "We weren't able to do the MRI he's got quite a bit of swelling in there and they weren't able to get him in the position to do the MRI."

So I guess the MRI could show more.

No word on how long he could miss but Reid didn't say that this was a long-term situation.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...stons-injuries

ptlyon 11-25-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

No word on how long he could miss but Reid didn't say that this was a long-term situation.
He didn't say it wasn't, either

OrtonsPiercedTaint 11-25-2013 12:44 PM

prep the Hs for this sunday's hemorroid

Strongside 11-25-2013 12:45 PM

Hali will most likely play, which I'm good with. As long as we have 1 of them in there. Houston could potentially play depending on tissue damage severity. I'm guessing he's out a week.

Mr. Laz 11-25-2013 12:46 PM

Subluxation

Definition: A condition that occurs when a joint begins to dislocate. Instead of the joint surfaces completely losing contact, a subluxation can be considered a "partial dislocation."
A subluxation can be the result of a trauma or acute injury. In these cases, the injury can be quite painful.

Subluxations can also occur as a result of loose joints. In patients with generalized joint laxity, their body may allow for joint subluxations without any trauma or injury. These patients often have no symptoms and may not need any treatment for joint subluxations. If these joint subluxations become symptomatic, treatment may be recommended.

Marcellus 11-25-2013 12:47 PM

Odd, I read in the game thread Hali's career was likely over.

Dartgod 11-25-2013 12:47 PM

This is good news. The best we could have expected anyway.

Ace Gunner 11-25-2013 12:47 PM

probly won't play this weekend

Mr. Laz 11-25-2013 12:48 PM

Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 36m
Reid said Hali has discarded one of his two crutches, so making progress. Reid unsure whether he will practice on Wed.

Rausch 11-25-2013 12:48 PM

We need Houston in there. He's solid in run D, pass coverage, pass rush.

Hali is mostly a one trick pony. He rushes the QB and isn't any threat dropping back...

Marcellus 11-25-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10223925)

Hali is mostly a one trick pony.
He rushes the QB and isn't any threat dropping back...

I think this myth has been disproven via pick 6.

Strongside 11-25-2013 12:49 PM

Reid Ferrin ‏@KCChiefs_Reid 58s
Coach Reid on MRI of Tamba's ankle injury: "Tamba, the doctors, coaches and everybody felt better after his MRI. The MRI was a positive."
Reply Retweeted Favorite More Expand

Cheater5 11-25-2013 12:50 PM

Each injury is unique, and each position requires different uses of ones body, but I do recall McMidget (McCluster) badly hyper-extending his elbow last year, and that little bastard was playing the next week.

Again, I know Houston uses his upper body to push/pull/rip far more than #22 does- but it makes me hope he can brace it, rub some dirt on it and drive on...

Rausch 11-25-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10223929)
I think this myth has been disproven via pick 6.

I don't...

mcaj22 11-25-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10223925)

Hali is mostly a one trick pony. He rushes the QB and isn't any threat dropping back...

wat

Tamba is great at everything. Pass rush, run defense, containment, sealing the edge, picking up screens and dropping back into the flats or a zone

what games do you watch? Soon as he went out the backups wouldnt seal the edge on run plays and got dominated. That's how Ryan Mathews scored easily.