ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Obama Obama (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279041)

whoman69 11-29-2013 08:58 AM

Obama

I have avoided posting here because it has become so partisan. Usually if I do post here it is to comment on a non-partisan issue like gerrymandering, the filibuster, the electoral college etc. I will break that rule now.

Many of you know from when I was posting more often here that I am a Democrat. It is with great difficulty that I call for President Obama to resign. The government has simply gotten out of control. He has lost his ability to govern. Nothing will or can be done while Obama is President except perhaps in the area of foreign policy. Good or bad he has become a lighting rod. There is an impossible standard of having to overcome a 60% limit to pass anything in the Senate. There is also the standard in the House of needing to have a majority of Republicans behind a measure before it will come to a vote. One could argue that past Speakers, including Democrats, have set the same standard. They all allowed exceptions, Boehner does not.

Fairplay 11-29-2013 09:14 AM

I second the notion.

blaise 11-29-2013 09:20 AM

So, you're a racist.

stevieray 11-29-2013 09:22 AM

"When you see the Sun rise in the West"

...now look at the Obama "logo"...

Fairplay 11-29-2013 09:29 AM

Obama-Dumpty sat on a wall; Obama-Dumpty had a great fall. All the medias bosses, and all the medias' men, couldn't put Obama-Dumpty together again.

A true shell of a man.

patteeu 11-29-2013 09:30 AM

Your rationale is ridiculous, but kudos for coming to the right conclusion.

Cochise 11-29-2013 09:34 AM

He bungled too much in his first 4 years to add a generational disaster like Obamacare on top.

For someone who started with such high approval ratings, its really rather remarkable that he has delegitmized himself so completely.

I think the answer to why all this happened is what his detractors said in advance - he's an amateur. He'd never run a lemonade stand. He is ineffective as a leader, and altogether inept as a politician. This is why presidents need to have some sort of relevant experience in government and in leadership positions.

it used to be said that Jimmy Carter was the closest America ever came to picking someone's name out of the phone book and giving them the job - but even he had experience as a state's governor.

We elected someone based on nothing, and in return we got nothing.

Otter 11-29-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10231940)

My gut tells me this is a troll post.

KC native 11-29-2013 09:41 AM

:spock: So, in your mind it's Obama's fault that the gop has become completely unhinged from reality and oppose everything he does just because it's Obama?

patteeu 11-29-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 10231950)
My gut tells me this is a troll post.

I'm not sure what you mean. Surely you don't agree with whoman's "blame Republicans" rationale.

fan4ever 11-29-2013 10:11 AM

Not Obama's fault? You didn't need to identify yourself as a Democrat.

Prison Bitch 11-29-2013 10:18 AM

Presidents shouldn't resign unless they commit treason. We have elections and he was re-elected. We deserve his Administration because we voted for it.

fan4ever 11-29-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10231999)
Presidents shouldn't resign unless they commit treason. We have elections and he was re-elected. We deserve his Administration because we voted for it.

What do you mean "we" white man?

Prison Bitch 11-29-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 10232005)
What do you mean "we" white man?

Collective "we". Obviously, I voted for his opponent.

whoman69 11-29-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10231940)

Why ridiculous? He cannot possibly get anything done?