ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Gerard Butler in Talks for 'Point Break' Remake (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280573)

Tribal Warfare 01-11-2014 02:51 AM

Gerard Butler in Talks for 'Point Break' Remake

Gerard Butler in Talks for 'Point Break' Remake (Exclusive)

The Scottish actor may be catching a wave in the remake of the 1991 Keanu Reeves-Patrick Swayze action movie, which will be directed by Ericson Core.

Gerard Butler is in final negotiations to star in Alconís remake of the early 1990s classic surf film Point Break.

The movie is eyeing a summer shoot with Ericson Core, the cinematographer behind 2001ís The Fast & the Furious and Daredevil, in the directorís chair.

Kurt Wimmer wrote the screenplay for the new film, which is set in the international world of extreme sports as opposed to the Southern California surf scene of the original. The plot of an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring as well as the names of the principal characters remain the same.

Butler will play Bodhi, an expert extreme-sports athlete who seeks nirvana through the conquest of a series of athletic feats such as surfing 100-foot waves. He saves Johnny Utah, the undercover FBI agent, and brings him into the fold of international criminals. The part of Utah is not cast yet.

Patrick Swayze played the part in the 1991 movie directed by Kathryn Bigelow.

Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove are producing along with Michael DeLuca, John Baldecchi, Chris Taylor and Wimmer.

Break is likely to solidify Butlerís dance card for the year. He will first shoot Liongateís epic fantasy Gods of Egypt, which starts shooting in March, and close out the year with London Is Falling, the sequel to his surprise action hit Olympus Has Fallen.

This won't be the first time Butler has had to wear a wetsuit onscreen; he wore one in his role as real-life surfer Frosty Hesson in 2012's Chasing Mavericks.

Guru 01-11-2014 03:04 AM

London is Falling? :facepalm:

DaveNull 01-11-2014 07:51 AM

He was in some surfing movie already. I remember flipping around, finding it and wondering, "wtf is this…point break remake."

I don't recommend the movie, but there were some pretty decent surfing shots.

notorious 01-11-2014 08:01 AM

Whoever came up with this idea needs to die a horrible death.

It's going to be a piece of shit compared to the original.

patteeu 01-11-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 10360942)
He was in some surfing movie already. I remember flipping around, finding it and wondering, "wtf is this…point break remake."

I don't recommend the movie, but there were some pretty decent surfing shots.

I thought it was pretty good. It was called Chasing Mavericks and it was the true story of surfing legend (or so I'm told) Jay Moriarity. The last line of the OP refers to it.

Sully 01-11-2014 11:00 AM

Point Break is a great fun movie, and aside from some of the tech, it has aged pretty well. Why remake it?

Easy 6 01-11-2014 11:14 AM

Dumb, I hope it flops.

PunkinDrublic 01-11-2014 12:35 PM

I'm surprised Shia Labouf hasn't been cast yet.

Tribal Warfare 01-11-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 10361327)

I bet it'll be one of the Hemsworth Brothers of Liam and Chris

Bump 01-11-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 10361327)

he's doing a Jaquin Phoenix style retirement I believe.

but what a horrible idea, these ****ing remakes man...

PunkinDrublic 01-11-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 10361337)
he's doing a Jaquin Phoenix style retirement I believe.

but what a horrible idea, these ****ing remakes man...

I hope you're right he's a shitty actor.

Sure-Oz 01-11-2014 04:42 PM

You can't remake this movie. Stupid

Guru 01-11-2014 04:48 PM

They are remaking Poltergeist too

dirk digler 01-11-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10361031)
I thought it was pretty good. It was called Chasing Mavericks and it was the true story of surfing legend (or so I'm told) Jay Moriarity. The last line of the OP refers to it.

I liked the movie too and Gerard almost died during the filming it

Valiant 01-11-2014 05:38 PM

of all the movies to remake, this one?

I would be fine with a new poltergeist movie. Hopefully a different story all together.