ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Covert Agents Infiltrate the net to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281735)

planetdoc 02-25-2014 07:20 AM

Covert Agents Infiltrate the net to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...-manipulation/

I tried copy/pasta but the article is long, difficult to to embed all images/links of which there are many.

Here is a TL;DR:
Quote:

Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable.
Mind blowing article with so many implications. Unfortunately this gives more credibility to people calling "shill" with everyone they disagree with. But it turns out that there are such agents actively manipulating opinions in online forums. The slides he shows even mentions some of their tactics such as using: confirmation bias, disinfo, slander, anchoring, priming, social penetration theory, attention control, etc.

Hog Farmer 02-25-2014 07:23 AM

Your post is suspicious in itself. So you're trying to tell us now that everything we read here could be a lie.

theelusiveeightrop 02-25-2014 07:40 AM

The interwebz is a myth.

planetdoc 02-25-2014 07:47 AM

I'm telling you that goverment agencies actively participate in disinformation. That was something that was only suspected by "conspiracy theorists", but now is proven.

LiveSteam 02-25-2014 07:56 AM

Cosmo20002 how could you?

Radar Chief 02-25-2014 08:02 AM

Seminar callers of the internet age. Same song different verse.

BucEyedPea 02-25-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 10452438)
Cosmo20002 how could you?

First person I thought of--due to the frequency of using mental health slurs being used as his form of debate aka Soviet-style. This sort of activism has been reported before with Obama admin having activists online. Commie agitation propaganda to stir up conflict making things ripe for take over.

Baby Lee 02-25-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10452456)
First person I thought of--due to the frequency of using mental health slurs being used as his form of debate aka Soviet-style. This sort of activism has been reported before with Obama admin having activists online. Commie agitation propaganda to stir up conflict making things ripe for take over.

The more I read his posts, the more I'm convinced he's Cenk Uygur.

cosmo20002 02-25-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10452497)
The more I read his posts, the more I'm convinced he's Cenk Uygur.

Bam. Cenk Uygur.

In one of your moods again, I see. Which reality cooking show went on hiatus this week? Don't tell me it's one of your heavy-flow months again...seems like it never stopped from last time.

theelusiveeightrop 02-25-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10452504)
Bam. Cenk Uygur.

In one of your moods again, I see. Which reality cooking show went on hiatus this week? Don't tell me it's one of your heavy-flow months again...seems like it never stopped from last time.

Heavy flow of what.

Radar Chief 02-25-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Bam. Cenk Uygur.

Funny you bring up someone else’s cycle while menstruating all over their post.

blaise 02-25-2014 08:59 AM

cosmo's outraged at Baby Lee.

Dallas Chief 02-25-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Bam. Cenk Uygur.

Dem's war on women. Trivializing their biological burden by characterizing any instance of human irritability as "heavy-flow".

JohnnyV13 02-25-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10452456)

How much are Ron Paul and LewRockwell.com paying you?

BucEyedPea 02-25-2014 09:25 AM

Nothing. They're also not part of the govt either. Logic FAIL.

Now quit being a TARD.