ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Met With Aaron Murray Last Night (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283041)

rico 04-16-2014 03:18 PM

Chiefs Met With Aaron Murray Last Night

Figured I would post this in it's own thread for the people who don't check the Aaron Murray super-thread. Intriguing...

Chiefs reportedly meet with Georgia QB Aaron Murray

April 16

By TEREZ A. PAYLOR

The Kansas City Star

First up, Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray has his pro day today. In a profile of Murray, USA Today’s Jim Corbett writes that the Chiefs met with him Tuesday night.

First of all, I’m not sure how much I’d read into it. Chiefs general manager John Dorsey believes in being thorough, so I believe they’ve conducted interviews with most of the prospects you’ve heard about. And last I heard, Tyler Bray was exactly what the Chiefs thought he would be last season, which is a good thing. But he still needs a big offseason to continue his progression.

In all, I think Murray could be an intriguing pick in the later rounds. He’s small (barely over 6 feet tall), his arm strength isn’t great and his deep-ball accuracy could stand to improve, but I’ve read that he’s a smart guy with good intangibles who tends to make good decisions with the football. Those are some of the traits you seek in a quarterback if you’re running the West Coast offense.

TLO 04-16-2014 03:19 PM

Interesting.

The Franchise 04-16-2014 03:19 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283030

ToxSocks 04-16-2014 03:20 PM

This place would shit a chicken if they took Murray in the first, or traded back up into the 2nd.

It's actually not out of the realm of possibility that he slips into the 3rd.

rico 04-16-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10566934)

Well, I guess that "outs" me for being a dude who doesn't venture to the "Draft Planet" sub-forum.

Dayze 04-16-2014 03:23 PM

"Hey Aaron. Have a seat. ......Ok, I think we're done here" / Chiefs

ToxSocks 04-16-2014 03:23 PM

I haven't been paying attention to the draft at all this year.

What is he anyway, a 3rd-5th rnd kinda guy?

Dayze 04-16-2014 03:24 PM

hes the not getting drafted by the Chiefs kind of guy.

rico 04-16-2014 03:27 PM

Posted by Pestilence in the draftplanet thread:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/piAUVTjOIgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

InChiefsHeaven 04-16-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

He’s small (barely over 6 feet tall), his arm strength isn’t great and his deep-ball accuracy could stand to improve,
I know it's a highlight video, but I'd say his deep ball accuracy and arm strength aint THAT bad...

ToxSocks 04-16-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10567028)
I know it's a highlight video, but I'd say his deep ball accuracy and arm strength aint THAT bad...

It's better to find complete games of his. They're all over Youtube im sure. That'll give a more accurate representation.

Hammock Parties 04-16-2014 04:54 PM

so excited

can't wait to be disappointed

rico 04-16-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10567034)
It's better to find complete games of his. They're all over Youtube im sure. That'll give a more accurate representation.

Plus given the large amount of games he started at Georgia, he had more opportunities for highlights than most other college QB's.

One thing I do like about him is how the Georgia fans all seem to unanimously like him...they all seemingly like him.

MahiMike 04-16-2014 05:54 PM

I've seen him play a lot and wondered why he wasn't ranked higher.

Mr. Laz 04-16-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10566939)
Well, I guess that "outs" me for being a dude who doesn't venture to the "Draft Planet" sub-forum.

This time of the year the draft stuff is supposed to be posted in the lounge anyway. All the drafturbators are still just jerking each other off in the subforum because they don't like to deal with us 'lesser' folk.