ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Legal I'm just going to park this right here... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284625)

DenverChief 06-25-2014 09:38 PM

I'm just going to park this right here...

Many of you old timers remember how far back I go with this subject (2002 ish)....all the nay sayers I argued with over this subject....an Undergrad student at the time with only a Constitutional Law class under my belt, I argued the very same arguments put forth in todays Federal Courts. I was told it would never happen, I was told Same sex couples already have the same rights to marriage as opposite sexual couples - they can marry someone of the opposite sex - well I am here today, beaming with ****ing sunshine at all of you nay sayers - yes the SCOTUS has the final say, but I dare say that never in the history of American jurisprudence has there been a landslide of lower court decisions that once it reached the SCOTUS it was overturned...so here I park this quote from todays ruling in Denver....for the the supporters to champion and the nay sayers to weep

Quote:

The drafters of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments “knew times can blind us to certain truths and later generations can see that laws once thought necessary and proper in fact serve only to oppress. As the Constitution endures, persons in every generation can invoke its principles in their own search for greater freedom.”

A generation ago, recognition of the fundamental right to marry as applying to persons of the same sex might have been unimaginable. A generation ago, the declaration by gay and lesbian couples of what may have been in their hearts would have had to remain unspoken.

Not until contemporary times have laws stigmatizing or even criminalizing gay men and women been felled, allowing their relationships to surface to an open society. As the district court eloquently explained, “it is not the Constitution that has changed, but the knowledge of what it means to be gay or lesbian.”

Consistent with our constitutional tradition of recognizing the liberty of those previously excluded, we conclude that plaintiffs possess a fundamental right to marry and to have their marriages recognized.
Judge Carlos Lucero U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals

:):):):):):):):):):):)

LiveSteam 06-25-2014 09:42 PM

rainbow party at Cosmo's

cosmo20002 06-25-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 10715664)
Many of you old timers remember how far back I go with this subject (2002 ish)....all the nay sayers I argued with over this subject....an Undergrad student at the time with only a Constitutional Law class under my belt, I argued the very same arguments put forth in todays Federal Courts. I was told it would never happen, I was told Same sex couples already have the same rights to marriage as opposite sexual couples - they can marry someone of the opposite sex - well I am here today, beaming with ****ing sunshine at all of you nay sayers - yes the SCOTUS has the final say, but I dare say that never in the history of American jurisprudence has there been a landslide of lower court decisions that once it reached to SCOTUS was overturned...so here I park this quote from todays ruling in Denver....for the the supporters to champion and the nay sayers to weep

:):):):):):):):):):):)

I not familiar enough with your posting to know if you are complaining or gloating.

Katipan 06-25-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10715674)
I not familiar enough with your posting to know if you are complaining or gloating.

He's happy joyful gay.

Prison Bitch 06-25-2014 10:55 PM

So the "knowledge" of being gay is their basis for overturning laws. Wow.

Katipan 06-25-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10715954)
So the "knowledge" of being gay is their basis for overturning laws. Wow.

... it worked for black people and women.

ClevelandBronco 06-25-2014 11:01 PM

I support it as a civil right. Unfortunately, I've lost respect for the movement and those fighting for the right because of the lazy ass backdoor way they gone about getting it.

No pun intended.

cosmo20002 06-25-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10715962)
I support it as a civil right. Unfortunately, I've lost respect for the movement and those fighting for the right because of the lazy ass backdoor way they gone about getting it.

No pun intended.

Fighting in court to have their rights recognized? Huh?

Xanathol 06-26-2014 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 10715664)

Why do some people think judges cannot be dumbasses when they prove it all the time; case in point.

go bowe 06-26-2014 02:27 AM

congrats to you and all other similarly situated officers, doctors, professors, and other professionals and business men and women and people of all ages and so forth - iow just regular people who happen to be gay! :toast:

it's about freaking time...

RedNeckRaider 06-26-2014 05:38 AM

I have never understood what the big fuss about this was to begin with. This law will have no effect on me other than maybe we can move on and quit wasting time on this. Common sense finally prevailed~

WhawhaWhat 06-26-2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 10716117)
I have never understood what the big fuss about this was to begin with. This law will have no effect on me other than maybe we can move on and quit wasting time on this. Common sense finally prevailed~

If you tell people that you are married, people might think you are gay now.

DenverChief 06-26-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10716149)

LMAO

Prison Bitch 06-26-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10716149)

People already think RNR is gay.

ptlyon 06-26-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10716980)
People already think RNR is gay.

You mean he's not???