ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My dad just told me he has prostate cancer. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285012)

Chief Roundup 07-15-2014 06:47 PM

Updated: My dad just told me he has prostate cancer.

A rather odd short and to the point conversation. He told me had some bad news. He has a fast spreading form of prostate cancer. They are scheduling a bone scan and a couple of other tests to see how far it has spread. He said Dr said if it hasn't spread we can slow it down with radiation. If it has spread there will is little chance to stop it or slow it down.
My dad was rather matter of fact, almost happy sounding and was quick to get off the phone citing that he needed to call my sisters and the rest of the family.
The oddest conversation I have ever had in 44 years.

Rain Man 07-15-2014 06:49 PM

I'm sorry to hear. Hopefully he's catching it early.

Rausch 07-15-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10748472)
A rather odd short and to the point conversation. He told me had some bad news. He has a fast spreading form of prostate cancer.

Yeah.

Walter White conversations SUCK...

http://s2.dmcdn.net/CNsg-/526x297-oe3.jpg

TLO 07-15-2014 06:51 PM

Good thoughts and prayers headed your way!

Pushead2 07-15-2014 06:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear, here's for hoping it hasn't spread far.

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-15-2014 06:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear.

BullJunkandIron 07-15-2014 07:05 PM

Prayers to all. Sorry

rico 07-15-2014 07:11 PM

:( Best wishes.

Rasputin 07-15-2014 07:15 PM

My dad had prostate cancer & after surgery and radiation he seamed to do fine for a long time.

I remember winter time he would get heat flashes from his radiation and would blast the AC and freeze us out lol. That was dang cold in the family room.

Best wishes he can over come it.

Chief Roundup 07-15-2014 07:15 PM

What is it with some men and not wanting to talk to their Dr.s about their dicks not working right whether peeing or otherwise. Don't know which it is/was but mom says it has been bothering him off and on for almost 2 years and that they did biopsy 12 different places with needles a couple of weeks ago and all 12 locations came back positive.

Chief Roundup 07-15-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10748517)
My dad had prostate cancer & after surgery and radiation he seamed to do fine for a long time.

I remember winter time he would get heat flashes from his radiation and would blast the AC and freeze us out lol. That was dang cold in the family room.

Best wishes he can over come it.

At what age if you don't mind me asking?
My dad is 72 and his age has me worried about being able to beat it.

keg in kc 07-15-2014 07:18 PM

Best of luck to your father and to yourself and your family.

I'm going through this with my own father right now, although his was caught early and didn't have the same scary overtones that your does. At least until a few weeks ago when they found something on an x-ray in one of his lungs. Now we're waiting on that.

The more time passes, the more evident it's becoming that cancer has become a reality that we're all going to have to face sooner or later, with ourselves or with loved ones (or both). It's basically reached epidemic proportions (I have my own theories why - atmospheric nuclear testing, un-regulated food preservatives and additives, etc), and it's only going to grow. :(

keg in kc 07-15-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10748520)
At what age if you don't mind me asking?
My dad is 72 and his age has me worried about being able to beat it.

My dad's 74, and he's not having any problems with his treatment.

digger 07-15-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10748477)
I'm sorry to hear. Hopefully he's catching it early.

This.

Chief Roundup 07-15-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10748523)
My dad's 74, and he's not having any problems with his treatment.

Awesome. Hope things continue to go well for your father and your family.
I have seen my fathers overall health really decline in the 5 years almost in stages after a car wreck which led to back surgery. He just never has truly gotten back to himself.