ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Elections Jon Stewart Puts Clown Shoes on Rand Paul (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285616)

Mr. Kotter 08-11-2014 10:39 AM

Jon Stewart Puts Clown Shoes on Rand Paul

Hilarious stuff... LMAO

Best stuff begins at about 1:30...

<IFRAME height=288 src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:thedailyshow.com:657ed9a8-4474-43b4-8327-4135a1362e24" frameBorder=0 width=512></IFRAME>

BucEyedPea 08-11-2014 11:00 AM

BFD! About 70% of American people agree with ending foreign aid anyway—especially with money we don't have and where we have to borrow from China to do so. That's the real insanity that needs to be addressed.

Rand is against ALL foreign aid to any country including giving FA to Israel's enemies which created an arms race between them. Stewart, as well as others, try to strawman the issue as if Rand is specifically targeting Israel. All this does is make Israel dependent on American interests and policies curbing their sovereignty. Rand is not specifically targeting Israel and treating them in a way to be anti-Israel. That's the spin his critics want to put on his stand. So I can understand his acting defensive.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has even said that he wanted to wean Israel off US FA:
Quote:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared that his nation would eventually wean itself from dependence on U.S. foreign aid. Prominent Israeli politicians and economists alike have called for the end of foreign aid. Among them is economist Amon Gafney, who served as governor of the Bank of Israel from 1970 to 1981. He pointed out that foreign aid has caused Israel to suffer from ―Dutch Disease, a situation in which a generous gift brings short-term benefits but impairs a country’s long-term competitiveness."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ng-aid-israel/

Rand Paul has voted to Israel's Iron Dome anti-rocket defense system which was reported in WSJ.

Mr. Kotter 08-11-2014 11:06 AM

BEP...it's less about the substance of his ideas, than him being shown as just another waffling, pandering, lying, and incompetent wannabe candidate for the GOP. The Dems have their share too, but for someone many of you RWNJs are putting so much stock in...it's a bit surprising how big of a blundering buffoon he's turned into.

Eh, then again...not really. It's not surprising now that I think about it.

BucEyedPea 08-11-2014 11:12 AM

Yeah right, after the past three, or even four, presidents and presidential candidates 5X'd the same waffling or worse flat out lying—the kind that resulted in tens of thousands of American deaths, increased debt and more expensive healthcare etc etc ad nauseum. Rand's position does not harm a single American. On a scale of one to ten, I can cut Rand some slack—tho' I think he needs clarify he is not specifically targeting Israel.

The FACT is Rand has never supported cutting aid specifically to Israel and that's how some are re-framing his position.

The clown shoes are on media folks like Bltizer when asking if "No foreign aid for anyone" includes Israel. What part does Bltiz not understand of the word "no" or "none?" Geezaz, what bunch of clowns those media guys are.

Mr. Kotter 08-11-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10810229)
Yeah right, after the past three, or even four, presidents and presidential candidates 5X'd the same waffling or worse flat out lying—the kind that resulted in tens of thousands of American deaths, increased debt and more expensive healthcare etc etc ad nauseum. Rand's position does not harm a single American. On a scale of one to ten, I can cut Rand some slack—tho' I think he needs clarify he is not specifically targeting Israel.

The FACT is Rand has never supported cutting aid specifically to Israel and that's how some are re-framing his position.

The clown shoes are on media folks like Bltizer when asking if "No foreign aid for anyone" includes Israel. What part does Bltiz not understand of the word "no" or "none?" Geezaz, what bunch of clowns those media guys are.

If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a stinking pig...

Donger 08-11-2014 11:50 AM

Shades of Ron.

BucEyedPea 08-11-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 10810275)
If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a stinking pig...

On a scale of one to ten, he's still no where near as bad as the past three candidates. He is not his father —at all.

Besides, why does a rich country like Israel need economic welfare for? It doesn't. Perhaps, some things to defend itself but not for economics and some Israeli leaders have come out and said that.

Bottom line, this is being spun to make him look like he is targeting Israel specifically. That's where putting lipstick on a pig still is a pig too. The media is the biggest pig of all.

BucEyedPea 08-11-2014 12:06 PM

There are others who are pigs that are wearing lipstick who are supporters of some of the biggest liars during the past 20 years.

Donger 08-11-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10810305)
Besides, why does a rich country like Israel need economic welfare for? It doesn't. Perhaps, some things to defend itself but not for economics and some Israeli leaders have come out and said that.

I take it you aren't aware that Israel doesn't get any economic aid from us any longer?

Baby Lee 08-11-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10810305)
On a scale of one to ten, he's still no where near as bad as the past three candidates. He is not his father —at all.

Bottom line, this is being spun to make him look like he is targeting Israel specifically. That's where putting lipstick on a pig still is a pig too. The media is the biggest pig of all.

That's funny from a purely structural/rhetorical standpoint, I don't care who you are.

ROFL ROFL

On a scale from one to infinity, he's about a B+!!!

Cochise 08-11-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10810328)
That's funny from a purely structural/rhetorical standpoint, I don't care who you are.

ROFL ROFL

On a scale from one to infinity, he's about a B+!!!

"If midnight is black, he was about waning gibbous."

alpha_omega 08-11-2014 12:31 PM

Fixed your title.....

Jon Stewart Lets Rand Paul Borrow His Clown Shoes (or something like that)

Baby Lee 08-11-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10810339)
"If midnight is black, he was about waning gibbous."

Didn't even mention the second half of that gem;

"On a scale of one to ten, he's still no where near as bad as the past three candidates. He is not his father —at all. "

Which grammatically suggests that, while Rand is not near as bad as the past 3, Ron CERTAINLY IS every bit as bad.

ROFL ROFL

Cochise 08-11-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10810378)
Didn't even mention the second half of that gem;

"On a scale of one to ten, he's still no where near as bad as the past three candidates. He is not his father —at all. "

Which grammatically suggests that, while Rand is not near as bad as the past 3, Ron CERTAINLY IS every bit as bad.

ROFL ROFL

You're right, that's a three-dimensional non sequitur.

Donger 08-11-2014 01:10 PM

Yeah, BEP should really just stay away from this thread all together.