ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What 5 of my faves say about our 1st rounder. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286720)

Direckshun 09-20-2014 01:38 AM

What 5 of my faves say about our 1st rounder.

Rob Rang, CBS Sports

Quote:

9. Kansas City Chiefs -- Washington CB Marcus Peters: The Chiefs have some question marks in the secondary, especially after parting ways with Brandon Flowers over the offseason. Peters isn't a household name, but his combination of size, length and athleticism makes him an attractive player to develop at the NFL level.
Walter Cherepinski, Walter Football

Quote:

#5 Kansas City Chiefs: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
Alex Smith is completely overrated by the media, but he doesn't have much of a chance with his supporting cast. Dwayne Bowe is just a No. 2 receiver masquerading as a top target, while none of the other receivers are very skilled. The Chiefs, who might be regretting passing on Kelvin Benjamin, can make up for it by nabbing the top wideout in this class.
Dan Kadar, Mocking the Draft

Quote:

15. Kansas City Chiefs: Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
It’s pretty apparent that wide receiver is the biggest hole on the Chiefs roster. Strong is a talented, physical player with a penchant for making difficult catches.
Jon Dove, Draft Breakdown

Quote:

14 P.J. Williams - CB - Florida State
Dane Bruglar, NFL Draft Scout

Quote:

9. Chiefs: Marcus Peters
CB | Washington

Sandy Vagina 09-20-2014 07:46 AM

WR in the first.. please, and thank you.

What do you know of Kevin White from WVU? He has caught my eye. Could he move up into the 1st rd?

Bewbies 09-20-2014 09:42 AM

I don't know how you pass on a WR or CB in the first if you're in charge of our roster.

*obviously KC has never seen a QB with round 1 value

OldSchool 09-20-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10930215)
WR in the first.. please, and thank you.

What do you know of Kevin White from WVU? He has caught my eye. Could he move up into the 1st rd?

I would love White in the 2nd round. He doesn't have enough speed for 1st round consideration, IMO. Especially not where we'll be picking within the top 15.

Sandy Vagina 09-20-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10931839)
I would love White in the 2nd round. He doesn't have enough speed for 1st round consideration, IMO. Especially not where we'll be picking within the top 15.

Okay, interesting take. You expecting a 4.58 type of speed from him then?

nbarone007 09-20-2014 05:29 PM

2015 FA WR class is strong. We can fix the position by spending money that will be freed up from all the guys we let go this season.

First round ILB? DJ being cut= cap savings in the off-season and does the team let him see that money after a blown achilles? Tough injury to come back from...

OldSchool 09-20-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10931862)
Okay, interesting take. You expecting a 4.58 type of speed from him then?

He'll be around a 4.55 to 4.65. He is getting some Fitzgerald comparisons though, but there are a few WRs who fall into that category in the coming draft: Big bodied WRs who lack great speed but have great body control and consistently good hands.

Jaelen Strong
Kevin White
Devante Parker
Austin Hill

The question is, which one of them is explosive enough to create separation at the next level.

Sandy Vagina 09-20-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10932006)
He'll be around a 4.55 to 4.65. He is getting some Fitzgerald comparisons though, but there are a few WRs who fall into that category in the coming draft: Big bodied WRs who lack great speed but have great body control and consistently good hands.

Jaelen Strong
Kevin White
Devante Parker
Austin Hill

The question is, which one of them is explosive enough to create separation at the next level.

Important question, indeed. Do you think there is ANY chance the Chiefs draft a WR in rds one AND two? lol

So far, and unless he changes my mind, I want Bowe and his cap hit gone. Looks slow and lazy in limited action this season... not a guy worthy of 14 mil in 2015. Avery, I can't stand... he makes me physically sick, and should be nothing but a #3 at best. Cut em both. Draft 2 WRs or draft 1 early and add a vet in FA.

Sandy Vagina 09-20-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbarone007 (Post 10932000)
2015 FA WR class is strong. We can fix the position by spending money that will be freed up from all the guys we let go this season.

First round ILB? DJ being cut= cap savings in the off-season and does the team let him see that money after a blown achilles? Tough injury to come back from...

Not sure what the plan is for DJ. His final contract year is not a killer at 5.25 mil. Just a wait and see thing.. but regardless, it seems clear that ILB will need to be a priority via draft or FA.

OldSchool 09-20-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbarone007 (Post 10932000)

Not really.

No guarantee that Crabtree gets loose from the 49ers and he wants to play in Dallas anyways.

Also, no way Dallas lets Bryant walk or that the Broncos let Thomas walk.

Welker and White are too old.

Cecil Shorts is a possibility but he's almost guaranteed to miss at least 2 games a season.

Rodgers isn't going to let Cobb walk away.

Nicks is done as a starting level player in this league.

Baltimore will not let Torrey Smith walk.

We aren't going to find a long term starting caliber WR in FA.

OldSchool 09-20-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10932050)
Important question, indeed. Do you think there is ANY chance the Chiefs draft a WR in rds one AND two? lol

So far, and unless he changes my mind, I want Bowe and his cap hit gone. Looks slow and lazy in limited action this season... not a guy worthy of 14 mil in 2015. Avery, I can't stand... he makes me physically sick, and should be nothing but a #3 at best. Cut em both. Draft 2 WRs or draft 1 early and add a vet in FA.

We have too many holes to go WR back to back in the top two rounds. I can see us going WR and then DB or DB and WR. There is a strong possibility that Dorsey wets himself while looking at Shawn Oakman's measurables and just drafts him based off of potential so we may end up with:

1st - 5-tech
2nd - WR
3rd - DB

I would love to see us take DGB in the 2nd round if he declares. We'd have to assign someone as his baby sitter though.

Saccopoo 09-20-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10930345)
I don't know how you pass on a WR or CB in the first if you're in charge of our roster.

*obviously KC has never seen a QB with round 1 value

That's not how it works with Dorsey.

Top guy that is left on his board. Positional need does not matter whatsoever.

CoMoChief 09-23-2014 09:00 PM

Does DGB enter the NFL draft and does he get drafted early, or will teams pass on him now with the backlash from all of this domestic violence shit?

OldSchool 09-24-2014 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10943530)
Does DGB enter the NFL draft and does he get drafted early, or will teams pass on him now with the backlash from all of this domestic violence shit?

They'll pass in the first and someone will take a shot in the 2nd.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-25-2014 11:41 AM

Weapons for the aged game-manager. How lovely.