ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Hypothyroidism anyone dealing with it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288068)

007 11-03-2014 05:15 PM

Hypothyroidism anyone dealing with it

I just got diagnosed with this crap and will have to be on a pill for life. ****ing lovely.

anyone else dealing with it? Did you notice a big difference after you started treating it?

EDIT 2017

Has anyone just quit using this medication? AFter 3 years and getting hit with a dosage increase each year, I'm gaining more weight than ever and I'm even more tired. All this since starting the med. Of course, my doctors answer is always "increase the dose" but I'm tired of discussing it with him. I need to find some new options.

TLO 11-03-2014 05:17 PM

I've been tested for it more times than I care to admit, (they always think it's my thyroid when my anxiety flares up).

TLO 11-03-2014 05:19 PM

I know that has absolutely nothing to do with the question you asked. Sorry. :(

007 11-03-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 11082400)
I've been tested for it more times than I care to admit, (they always think it's my thyroid when my anxiety flares up).

Well this was based on blood tests. They weren't even thinking about it when they decided to order the blood panel as an afterthought.

there is a part of me that thinks it is more my work situation than anything but unfortunately I'm stuck with my situation.

TLO 11-03-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11082410)
Well this was based on blood tests. They weren't even thinking about it when they decided to order the blood panel as an afterthought.

Just as a part of routine testing? Or did you have symptoms?

EPodolak 11-03-2014 05:20 PM

The GF has it, she's definitely happier and better off with medication she takes. Synthroid is the med.

Ming the Merciless 11-03-2014 05:23 PM

wife has some thyroid issues, its good that you got this done..hers is HyPER ..but from what I understand ..

You will feel so much better and even lose some weight and have more energy now you found this and got meds. I know you look at it as a bummer, but just imagine your meds giving you what your bum thyroid isnt...

Youll feel better...youll **** harder..youlll out drink and out wrestle people in bars

Heheh

Seriously though, I think youll be happy with the results and not mind the meds.

TLO 11-03-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 11082420)
The GF has it, she's definitely happier and better off with medication she takes. Synthroid is the med.

Yeah, I think it's pretty common, and the medication shouldn't be too expensive either?

007 11-03-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 11082416)
Just as a part of routine testing? Or did you have symptoms?

I've been having sleep issues in that I can't get a good nights/days sleep. Lucky to get 5 hours sometimes and it is really killing me.

We discussed all my options about the sleep and as an afterthought she felt we might want to do some blood tests. When it came back and I looked up the symptoms of HYPO I realized I was experiencing 70% of them.

sd4chiefs 11-03-2014 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A friend of mine told me about these pills to help you sleep. I thought it was stupid but I was desperate. They help a lot.

Cheater5 11-03-2014 07:10 PM

Yup. Diagnosed two years ago- thought it was low T due to lack of energy, little interest in things, trouble sleeping, etc. Turns out my levels were 16 times higher than a normal persons; my thyroid was shot.

So yeah, take the meds. I am much calmer, I poop better, and I don't get as pissed off so quickly anymore. If I miss a day I don't notice a difference, but stretch that to two or three days and I'll definitely feel geeked up. **** it dude, we're all going to be on meds at one point in our lives.

007 11-03-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 11082739)
Yup. Diagnosed two years ago- thought it was low T due to lack of energy, little interest in things, trouble sleeping, etc. Turns out my levels were 16 times higher than a normal persons; my thyroid was shot.

So yeah, take the meds. I am much calmer, I poop better, and I don't get as pissed off so quickly anymore. If I miss a day I don't notice a difference, but stretch that to two or three days and I'll definitely feel geeked up. **** it dude, we're all going to be on meds at one point in our lives.

True. I just didn't want it to be so early in life.

ToxSocks 11-03-2014 09:51 PM

Never heard of it, but just the name sound horrible.

ThaVirus 11-03-2014 11:02 PM

Damn. Sorry about that, dudes.

There are just so many diseases, disorders, afflictions, infections, etc. By pure chance you're likely to at least get something in your life.

Keep your heads up.

007 11-04-2014 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 11082739)

Went back and looked at my numbers, thankfully I'm not very high on the chart. Standard is 0.400 - 4.000 uIU/mL and I am at 6.641. Doc said we caught it very early so that was a good thing.

Now it will be routine blood tests every 8 weeks to find the right dose then yearly after that.