ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will we beat Denver? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288778)

BossChief 11-29-2014 11:43 AM

Will we beat Denver?

I think we lose by multiple scores, but I can see us sneaking out a win if a few things happen.

1) Avery returning brings an added element to the offense and forces Denver to back their safeties up. This is an element they haven't seen on tape to prepare for and I wouldn't be surprised if we come out and test them deep a few times early on.

2) Avant is able to get us 3 or 4 first downs. Alex Smith has throw too many good passes that should have gone for first downs if the catch is secured. Hopefully Avant can give us what Dexter did last year down the stretch in terms of possession receiver.

3) Houston, Hali, Poe, Bailey and Ford find ways to pressure Manning and limit him to shorter throws.

4) Gaines/Smith finds a way to match up with their receivers. This will be the toughest test our secondary will face all year.

5) Our OL gives Alex time to find the open man and opens up a few holes for Charles and Davis.

6) Alex gets the ball to Kelce a lot more. This kid should be getting 7-10 targets every game.

7) As with any other game, win the turnover battle. We can't afford to cough up the ball against them and we will need to take it away a couple times, too.

8) Crowd noise. It needs to be loud as it can be to help our pass rush get Manning uncomfortable.

I guess I could list a lot more things we have going for u that can give us a chance to win this one, but it's gonna be tough.

Bugeater 11-29-2014 11:44 AM

No.

Lonewolf Ed 11-29-2014 11:46 AM

Who is this "Ford" person you speak of?

BossChief 11-29-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11151742)
Who is this "Ford" person you speak of?

I'd bet real money that Sutton has some pass rush packages that include Ford that he hasn't shown yet and Dee Ford played really well in the bigger games in college. I can see him making an impact in this one.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-29-2014 11:52 AM

Multiple scores :spock:

RunKC 11-29-2014 11:58 AM

So much of this game will be determined by Phillip Gaines. He's the best matchup we have have for Emmanuel Sanders.
Take Sanders out of the game and we have a real chance.

Andy has 10 days to prepare. He's got a
A great record when he has extra time. I see a lot of new wrinkles from him and Avery/Avant are big upgrades over Jenkins and Hemmingway.

I think with the extra time, home SNF atmosphere, health of returning players, frustration from last weeks debacle, urgency for our playoff spot and finally the emotion we'll use for Berry, I think we win.

Denver 27
KC 31

SAUTO 11-29-2014 11:58 AM

We win.

Fitting for the chiefs after our last game...

Bowser 11-29-2014 11:59 AM

I think we have a chance, but I don't think it's going to happen.

bshmerlie 11-29-2014 12:00 PM

Chiefs win 24-17

Manning is removed from the game due to injury.

O.city 11-29-2014 12:05 PM

I don't think we match up with them very well at all, and they're better.

Close loss

Lonewolf Ed 11-29-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11151750)
I'd bet real money that Sutton has some pass rush packages that include Ford that he hasn't shown yet and Dee Ford played really well in the bigger games in college. I can see him making an impact in this one.

I hope you are right, since it is starting to look like another wasted pick in the 1st round.

Three7s 11-29-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bshmerlie (Post 11151775)
Chiefs win 24-17

Manning is removed from the game due to injury.

Yeah, no.

If the Chiefs are going to win this game, it is going to be with a ball-control offense. Keeping Manning off the field and not making stupid mistakes and penalties will be crucial. If the Chiefs control the game with their style of play, the Chiefs win 20-17. If they are unable to keep drives going and the defense stays on the field too long, the Broncos win 31-24.

stevieray 11-29-2014 12:07 PM

wish I could say I'm conficent...but I at least know we will be compettive, and that's nice to know.

Bowser 11-29-2014 12:09 PM

I think we hold a lead for about two and a half quarters, then Peyton will eviscerate us like he always does. I hate to say it, but I think that's what is going to happen. Peyton does that shit in 90% of his games with everyone.

I think the Chiefs will play inspired and will show some flaws with the Broncos, but when a team can trot out a QB that is arguably a top three to five QB in history, it's a hell of an equalizer.

BigMeatballDave 11-29-2014 12:12 PM

It really is as simple as the Chiefs sustaining drives and scoring TDs.

Well, and Reid not being stupid with play selection.