ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Week 14 Rooting Guide (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288944)

DaFace 12-06-2014 10:03 PM

Week 14 Rooting Guide

Back again for another week, here's your rooting guide based on cdcox's NFL Forecast software.

http://i.imgur.com/6LQBGCd.png

As with last week, the Chiefs game itself is paramount. The AFC is so tight that there are very few games that make a huge swing one way or another. And on top of that, there are a lot of games where the numbers suggest we should root for teams that nauseate me. So...take it with a grain of salt, and just root for the Chiefs.

(Games not listed have essentially zero impact.)

Bugeater 12-06-2014 10:13 PM

Yeah, 2% difference isn't enough to get me to root for the Donks.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12-06-2014 10:19 PM

Thanks for making these threads. I have enjoyed AFC game watching. Surprised by the Baltimore-Miami stat.

notorious 12-06-2014 10:19 PM

The Oakland loss has reduced us to this.

DaFace 12-06-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 11170894)
Thanks for making these threads. I have enjoyed AFC game watching. Surprised by the Baltimore-Miami stat.

Yeah, I ran that one quite a few times to be sure it wasn't just a fluke in that iteration of the model, and it always came out around there. Not sure what's driving that.

EDIT: Actually, now I do. According to the teams' stats in the model, Miami is a considerably better team than Baltimore (75% chance of winning tomorrow) and games against Minnesota and the Jets coming up. It's in our best interests for the teams with the best chances of making the playoffs to lose, so that's the reason for the difference here.

Psyko Tek 12-06-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11170896)
Andy's dumbass play calling play calling has reduced us to this.

fyp

Rain Man 12-06-2014 11:14 PM

It would appear that I should invest most of my time tomorrow rooting for the Chiefs. Still good to know.

bevischief 12-06-2014 11:27 PM

They would blow it...

cdcox 12-06-2014 11:28 PM

DaFace, do you run it on a Mac or windows system?

NJChiefsFan 12-06-2014 11:29 PM

We are 2.5 games back of Denver. Rooting for BUF to defeat DEN to keep us in the division race seems foolishly optimistic to me. Seems to me that the percentage should be a lot higher on the Denver side.

DaFace 12-06-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11171053)
DaFace, do you run it on a Mac or windows system?

Windows. In case you're seeing something different, the numbers tend to shift up and down a percent (or occasionally two) with each run, so I just run it a few times to see where it seems to be hovering around.

cdcox 12-06-2014 11:46 PM

No, I had a Mac user report this week that the changes I made broke his ability to run the software. I was wondering if the problem was widespread among Mac users or if his was an isolated incident.

DaFace 12-07-2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11171085)
No, I had a Mac user report this week that the changes I made broke his ability to run the software. I was wondering if the problem was widespread among Mac users or if his was an isolated incident.

Ah, gotcha. I didn't think it would make any difference.

milkman 12-07-2014 05:54 AM

I have to say that I simply don't care.

I don't think 10 wins will get the Chiefs into the playoffs, and that they will win all of the remaining games.

Even if they do, they will likely get bounced in the first round.

I will root for Chiefs wins, but I have no expectations or hope beyond a couple wins, so the rest of teams are of no matter to me.

bevischief 12-07-2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11171225)
I have to say that I simply don't care.

I don't think 10 wins will get the Chiefs into the playoffs, and that they will win all of the remaining games.

Even if they do, they will likely get bounced in the first round.

I will root for Chiefs wins, but I have no expectations or hope beyond a couple wins, so the rest of teams are of no matter to me.

This.