ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So, Duron Carter... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289773)

Easy 6 01-07-2015 02:17 PM

So, Duron Carter...

What do you guys know, what do you guys think... does he have a snowballs chance in hell?

On one hand, if he was so damn good... wouldnt he already be in the NFL?

On the other, he does have the right bloodlines and likely a good head on his shoulders from having a solid man for a pappy.

I dont know jack about him, what do you guys know?

jd1020 01-07-2015 02:19 PM

Undrafted, had to go to Canada to continue playing football = no ****s given.

ToxSocks 01-07-2015 02:20 PM

This is like....the 4th thread on him in the last month.

And for the 4th time, the name on the back of the jersey is more exciting than the player himself.

Frosty 01-07-2015 02:20 PM

To be honest - looks like another CFL wannabe. I don't worry about blood lines because it seems like the sons of HOFers never seem to amount to anything.

CaliforniaChief 01-07-2015 02:21 PM

His physical dimensions are impressive. He shows flashes.

He's also been cut by the Vikings and struggled to find lasting production other than Canada, AKA Weston Dressler.

I'm not sure he gets 1/100th of the attention he does if his dad isn't a HOF WR.

Worth taking a look? Sure. The solution at WR? Probably not.

RealSNR 01-07-2015 02:21 PM

Why does he get his own thread, again? What are we excited about what he might do?

Mav 01-07-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11249650)
What do you guys know, what do you guys think... does he have a snowballs chance in hell?

On one hand, if he was so damn good... wouldnt he already be in the NFL?

On the other, he does have the right bloodlines and likely a good head on his shoulders from having a solid man for a pappy.

I dont know jack about him, what do you guys know?

Well, ill address you because JD just likes to be an asshole.

There is a reason that HALF the league has lined up workouts with him. The kid has real talent. He went to Canada developed a work ethic and his talent really shined through. He I believe is going to be a number two at worst. If you watch some of his highlights on youtube, you can see a guy who has put in the work.

He would do well here, he runs great routes, and would be the guy to get separation that Alex Smith needs.

Easy 6 01-07-2015 02:22 PM

I had a bad feeling this was a Q, but without the search feature I couldnt be sure... anyway, the early returns are about what I feared... if he's any good whats he doing in Canada.

Mav 01-07-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11249671)
I had a bad feeling this was a Q, but without the search feature I couldnt be sure... anyway, the early returns are about what I feared... if he's any good whats he doing in Canada.

Troubled college experience, bad attitude going into NFL camps, exiled to Canada, learned how to be a professional, and is on the road to redemption.

I don't usually get on the CFL hype train, Jeff Garcia's, and Cameron Wakes don't grow on trees.

But this kid could have potential.

Kman34 01-07-2015 02:25 PM

What was that CFL guy that didn't make the team this year?? Can't remember his name.... Was a good CFL player... Afraid Carter will be in the same boat..

Easy 6 01-07-2015 02:25 PM

This will be my first look at him...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MXnNhB5AUtQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ToxSocks 01-07-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11249670)
Well, ill address you because JD just likes to be an asshole.

There is a reason that HALF the league has lined up workouts with him. The kid has real talent. He went to Canada developed a work ethic and his talent really shined through. He I believe is going to be a number two at worst. If you watch some of his highlights on youtube, you can see a guy who has put in the work.

He would do well here, he runs great routes, and would be the guy to get separation that Alex Smith needs.

"half the league" is a massive overstatement, his Father probably plays a role in him being discussed at all.

If you watch his youtube clips, they're incredibly average and underwhelming. He doesn't do anything particularly impressive. He doesn't have "omg" speed, he seems to have average explosivness, and even his stats in Canada aren't that great.

#2 at worst? I'd say #4 at best.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-07-2015 02:26 PM

You're quite off with your "likely a good head on his shoulders" assessment. Dumbass.

Mav 01-07-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11249688)
"half the league" is a massive overstatement, his Father probably plays a role in him being discussed at all.

If you watch his youtube clips, they're incredibly average and underwhelming. He doesn't do anything particularly impressive. He doesn't have "omg" speed, he seems to have average explosivness, and even his stats in Canada aren't that great.

#2 at worst? I'd say #4 at best.

fair enough. I think his route running, and his ability to actually catch the football make his worthy of a look.

I probably am over hyping him a bit.

Mav 01-07-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 11249689)
You're quite off with your "likely a good head on his shoulders" assessment. Dumbass.

Because you KNOW him personally?

he said LIKELY. He didn't say for sure. Stupid.