ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid impressed with Ramik Wilson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292584)

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:14 AM

Reid impressed with Ramik Wilson

Ramik Wilson, the Chiefs' fourth-round selection out of Georgia in this year's NFL Draft, noticed the difference between college football and the pros almost immediately.

"Everybody's great," he said after the Chiefs' last rookie minicamp practice Monday afternoon. "Everybody's fast; everybody's strong."

Though Wilson comes from one of the country's premier college football teams and conferences in Georgia and the SEC, he quickly relinquished the idea that it could make competing in the NFL any easier. He realized that the professional realm is a whole different animal entirely, so his strategy was to place special focus on the details over the course of the past three days.

"All the little things are going to help you," he said. "That's why I have to study my playbook harder, know my plays, my adjustments and I have to make all the calls, so I have to be on point for everything."

Wilson, in many ways, has already been on point. He had one interception during live sessions on Sunday and collected two more on Monday.

"He's got strong hands and he's got a knack for making plays here," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said of Wilson. "He's done a nice job, a very nice job."

But even though Wilson acknowledged his very early success, he assured that he isn't close to being satisfied.

"I've made a couple good plays here and there, but I had a couple in error," he said. "It's never going to be perfect, but I just have to correct the little things and once that's taken care of, I can take my game to another level."

The coaching staff has already shared with Wilson what that may entail as he continues to work towards training camp.

"Understand the game a little bit more, know my personnel, what plays I can get out of this formation, little tendencies, O-Linemen stances, quarterback mannerisms, stuff like that."

It's a laundry list for a rookie who out of the gate has shown a lot of talent.

As he walked off the field Monday, his rookie camp experience behind him, he said that he wanted to show the Kansas City coaches that he is a "big-time player that can help make an impact on the defense."

Though there are many more practices to go before training camp, the former All-SEC linebacker is certainly off to a strong start.

http://m.kcchiefs.com/s/30852/260?it...00856094784092

ptlyon 05-19-2015 11:20 AM

PRINT 'EM

RunKC 05-19-2015 11:21 AM

He led the SEC in tackles and had solid measurables. No reason why he can't start next to DJ at some point this season.

RealSNR 05-19-2015 11:24 AM

He's a flaming bag of turds. My least favorite pick of the draft by far

Beef Supreme 05-19-2015 11:39 AM

Reid, and every other coach in the history of coaches, all say good things about all the new rookies, sometimes even after they cut them. Hopefully this guy works out, but Reid praising him is no benchmark.

Brock 05-19-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

"Everybody's great," he said after the Chiefs' last rookie minicamp practice Monday afternoon. "Everybody's fast; everybody's strong."

This is wonderful news.

kepp 05-19-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507784)
This is wonderful news.

And he hasn't even seen Fisher's new physique yet.

Brock 05-19-2015 12:03 PM

I didn't realize everybody was great, fast, and strong. This changes things.

DaneMcCloud 05-19-2015 12:05 PM

There are more players from Georgia (5) than any other university on the roster and six, if you include Albert Wilson, from Georgia State, from Georgia universities/colleges.

Dorsey loves him some Georgia.

eDave 05-19-2015 12:12 PM

Sounds like he has the brains, attitude and skill to succeed.

Hoover 05-19-2015 12:13 PM

So he is competing against other draftees and undrafted free agents but he can tell that the speed of the game is different?

eDave 05-19-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 11507847)
So he is competing against other draftees and undrafted free agents but he can tell that the speed of the game is different?

No more scrubs.

thabear04 05-19-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11507716)
He's a flaming bag of turds. My least favorite pick of the draft by far

On AA they had him as the worst pick.

Frosty 05-19-2015 01:58 PM

So, were the three picks good LB play or dreadful QB play? :hmmm:

ChiefGator 05-19-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11508070)
So, were the three picks good LB play or dreadful QB play? :hmmm:

Probably some of both. But I will take that over the football bouncing off his hands a couple times.