ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Official Draft Travone Boykin Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294937)

KC native 09-29-2015 09:24 AM

Official Draft Travone Boykin Thread

Look up highlights on your own.

Draft him, Dorsey.

duncan_idaho 09-29-2015 09:29 AM

Bleeeeccccccccch.

Draft a QB. But Boykin? No thanks.

KC native 09-29-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11764175)
Bleeeeccccccccch.

Draft a QB. But Boykin? No thanks.

U R Dumb.

Boykin makes reads, has great arm strength, and can run (only runs when he needs to as well).

Boykin is legit.

Prison Bitch 09-29-2015 10:01 AM

You misspelled his name.

KC native 09-29-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11764313)
You misspelled his name.

no1curr.

Prison Bitch 09-29-2015 10:03 AM

You don't even know the name of your schools best player. Damn, you're stupid.

KC native 09-29-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11764324)
You don't even know the name of your schools best player. Damn, you're stupid.

I care about how he plays. I don't give a **** about how he spells his name.

Not surprising that a ku fan cares more about spelling someone's name than what that player actually does.

duncan_idaho 09-29-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11764312)
U R Dumb.

Boykin makes reads, has great arm strength, and can run (only runs when he needs to as well).

Boykin is legit.

And is...

Undersized
A spread-offense product
Struggled mightily with making the limited reads required for a college offense as a younger player

UR R A HOMER

He's a poverty version of RGIII, who did everything better than Boykin at the college level.

Bowser 09-29-2015 10:52 AM

I do not ever want to see a highly touted college spread option QB on my pro team, ever. Boykin is great at TCU and will garner Heisman consideration, but he will fail in the NFL if he stays at QB just likely nearly every other spread option QB has (Mariota looks like he might have a future, as well as Tannehill, but that's it).

Give me a quarterback from a pro set offense.

KC native 09-29-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11764414)
And is...

Undersized
A spread-offense product
Struggled mightily with making the limited reads required for a spread offense as a younger player

UR R A HOMER

He's a poverty version of RGIII, who did everything better than Boykin at the college level.

What the **** are you talking about?

He sucked when we ran a more traditional offense. He only became a QB because Paschall ****ed up. He was a RB/WR prior to that (and by prior to that, I mean during the offseason that year).

When we went to the spread offense, he flourished. He ran a similar offense in high school. He has increased the amount of reads that he makes from when we went to the spread offense.

He's a better prospect than RG3 because he can actually take a hit.

KC native 09-29-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11764463)
I do not ever want to see a highly touted college spread option QB on my pro team, ever. Boykin is great at TCU and will garner Heisman consideration, but he will fail in the NFL if he stays at QB just likely nearly every other spread option QB has (Mariota looks like he might have a future, as well as Tannehill, but that's it).

Give me a quarterback from a pro set offense.

If Mariota has a future in your eyes, then Boykin should as well.

RealSNR 09-29-2015 01:08 PM

I'm done with wasting Saturdays watching QBs that the Chiefs will never draft.

I'll read stuff about them and watch youtube videos of their highlights, but I'm not watching shit until the Chiefs actually draft a legitimate QB prospect with a high draft pick. Then I'll do my homework.

KC native 09-29-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11764807)
I'm done with wasting Saturdays watching QBs that the Chiefs will never draft.

I'll read stuff about them and watch youtube videos of their highlights, but I'm not watching shit until the Chiefs actually draft a legitimate QB prospect with a high draft pick. Then I'll do my homework.

You could always just become a fan of one of the most awesomest CFB programs ever and just watch TCU on Saturdays. There is room on the bandwagon.

Dayze 09-29-2015 02:30 PM

he's fed up with lack of QB play from the Chiefs. he's not gay.

duncan_idaho 09-29-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11764520)
What the **** are you talking about?

He sucked when we ran a more traditional offense. He only became a QB because Paschall ****ed up. He was a RB/WR prior to that (and by prior to that, I mean during the offseason that year).

When we went to the spread offense, he flourished. He ran a similar offense in high school. He has increased the amount of reads that he makes from when we went to the spread offense.

He's a better prospect than RG3 because he can actually take a hit.

I wrote "spread" instead of "college."

I was trying to say that he looks like a spread product. He struggled with reads and accuracy before TCU went to the spread.

Even making "reads" in a spread offense is very different from making them in an NFL offense. Sorry, but dual-threat spread guys are just not reliable things to hitch NFL hopes to.

He is not a better prospect than RGIII at this point. Griffin was bigger, has a stronger arm, and was more dynamic as a run threat at QB.