ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs All of Tom Brady's pass plays the last time he faced the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297487)

Chromatic 01-12-2016 09:21 AM

All of Tom Brady's pass plays the last time he faced the Chiefs

<iframe src="https://vid.me/e/seQw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" height="480" width="854"></iframe>

Simply Red 01-12-2016 09:28 AM

as long as we show up - we should win - we clearly have more talent. I even think the on-board pat's fans would agree - if they were honest.

Red Dawg 01-12-2016 09:34 AM

Let's hope this happens again.

loochy 01-12-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12020881)
as long as we show up - we should win - we clearly have more talent. I even think the on-board pat's fans would agree - if they were honest.

LOLWUT

they still maintain that they didn't cheat

Red Dawg 01-12-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12020881)

A Pats fan would never agree. We could have Montana, Rice, Walter Payton and Ray Lewis leading our defense and no Pats fan would give us any shot at winning.

They have the horses to beat us so we had better play above our normal level on offense for sure.

Snapplez 01-12-2016 09:43 AM

I saw Chris Owens in that video. Forgot he was even on the team

RINGLEADER 01-12-2016 09:47 AM

Totally forgot we did that with Cooper at CB.

If the Chiefs defense plays like this again it won't matter what the Patriots do.

Mr. Laz 01-12-2016 09:55 AM

abdullah may have had his best game as a chief

Cooper? Really? LMAO

Should we break cooper out again, since he loves killing patriots.

Chiefshrink 01-12-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12020892)

And just think their o-line was much healthier then than it is now regardless even if Vollmer comes back. Brady will attempt to be in 1.5 sec release mode all game and we better be ready.:#

Halfcan 01-12-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12020892)

I hope so too.

S. Smith had a monster game and the one Brady TD was caused by missed tackles.

Chiefs need to get pressure on Brady and limit yards after the catch.

Offense needs to make them pay by scoring TD's on turnovers.

DJ's left nut 01-12-2016 10:14 AM

2 things that stood out.

1) Cooper got beat pretty routinely. I thought I saw him in good position on maybe 2 plays and he got beat on 4 or 5. He was definitely the weak link in that game, to whatever extent one existed.

2) I think the Patriots will utilize a lot of screens to see if they can attack Houston's inability to change direction on his knee. They had some very nicely designed screens and/or quick passes to RBs/WRs that will require Houston stop and change direction quickly to get himself into the play or they'll go for an easy 6-7 yards. Those will be deadly in sustaining drives.

Obviously Andy will see the tape as well; I suspect he'll have some tricks up his sleeve utilizing Berry to blow those up. But I wonder if Houston's knee won't create bigger issues for us in the quick passing game than they will in the pass rush.

Rausch 01-12-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12020947)
2 things that stood out.

1) Cooper got beat pretty routinely. I thought I saw him in good position on maybe 2 plays and he got beat on 4 or 5. He was definitely the weak link in that game, to whatever extent one existed.

2) I think the Patriots will utilize a lot of screens to see if they can attack Houston's inability to change direction on his knee. They had some very nicely designed screens and/or quick passes to RBs/WRs that will require Houston stop and change direction quickly to get himself into the play or they'll go for an easy 6-7 yards. Those will be deadly in sustaining drives.

Obviously Andy will see the tape as well; I suspect he'll have some tricks up his sleeve utilizing Berry to blow those up. But I wonder if Houston's knee won't create bigger issues for us in the quick passing game than they will in the pass rush.

Also to consider is that Houston is better in coverage that people give him credit for. With his knee I think that's a part of his game that's out of the picture.

No point in taking his pass rush away by having him cover some HB and tweak that knee...

Gonzo 01-12-2016 10:20 AM

We could use another game like that from Hali. Seeing Brady on the bench like that gave me a blue-veined diamond cutter.

Strongside 01-12-2016 10:22 AM

Man. Arrowhead was ROWDY that night.

DJ's left nut 01-12-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12020952)
Also to consider is that Houston is better in coverage that people give him credit for. With his knee I think that's a part of his game that's out of the picture.

No point in taking his pass rush away by having him cover some HB and tweak that knee...

So can Smith lock up LaFell?

Because if so, you can play single-high knowing that Edelman isn't really a deep ball guy. That would free Berry up to come down into the box a little more, perhaps take on more man responsibility on Gronk while also reading/reacting to the RBs out of the backfield.

The issue is that if you send Houston on a rush and there's a quick throw that targets his side, oftentimes he'll still be able to turn and get back into the play. His ability there is in addition to his pass rush, not in lieu of it. If he's unable to do that, it increases the chances that Sutton puts him in a short zone, IMO, in that it will keep the play in front of him and allow him to simply attack downhill as soon as the ball is caught.