ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Should I Buy a PS4? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301479)

Dayze 08-12-2016 09:08 PM

Should I Buy a PS4?

Should I Buy a PS4 this weekend?

now that I'm healing up and the motorcycle is toast and it's likely another won't be in my garage until early spring '17....I'm going to be bored.

I've had a PS3 since, jesus, probably 2008-ish. No issues with it, but I've been wanting to upgrade for a while. Is the PS4 that much better? I honestly have no idea. I don't do alot of online gaming at all, mostly just sports and driving games and the occasional Last of Us type games.

I'm driving my wife crazy with my boredom, so should I just say **** it and go get one this weekend? or, put the money I would spend on a PS4 into a CP run FanDuel account?

The Franchise 08-12-2016 09:10 PM

When you win millions in fan duel....you can buy as many PS4s as you want.

Dayze 08-12-2016 09:12 PM

That's a damn good point.

BigBeauford 08-12-2016 09:38 PM

The PS4 is a pretty capable console. It has a decent library and anything from AAA titles like uncharted, to a treasure trove of indies. Really the negatives I would say is the controllers build quality and battery life. If you are patient, there is usually great deals during the holidays, or you want wait for the PS4.5(Neo) which is out next year.

Pants 08-12-2016 09:45 PM

Maybe wait for the Neo?

Dayze 08-12-2016 09:48 PM

I"m so out of the loop, I don't even know what the Neo is.

#getoffmylawn

Hamwallet 08-12-2016 09:50 PM

PS4 is good. I have it and an Xbox360 and Xbox One. PS4 gets all the attention. GTA is loads of fun, also try War Thunder. Free to play tanks and planes from biplanes up to WW2 jets. Diablo is a great waste of time. MLB The Show is badass this year on it. Yea. Do it.

Dayze 08-12-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 12365523)
PS4 is good. I have it and an Xbox360 and Xbox One. PS4 gets all the attention. GTA is loads of fun, also try War Thunder. Free to play tanks and planes from biplanes up to WW2 jets. Diablo is a great waste of time. MLB The Show is badass this year on it. Yea. Do it.

:hmmm:

Hamwallet 08-12-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12365525)
:hmmm:

It's a free download and you don't need the online membership to play.

Pants 08-12-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12365516)
I"m so out of the loop, I don't even know what the Neo is.

#getoffmylawn

PS4 Neo is going to be a beefed up version of the current system. Supposedly it will be much more powerful but classified as current gen. It will play all existing games and future games will have different graphics settings based on the system you're playing them on.

May be worth a wait. If anything else, I'm sure the regular PS4s will go down in price.

Current speculation is that the official reveal will take place in about a month.

Hamwallet 08-12-2016 09:55 PM

My xbox 360 still looks fine compared to my Xbox one. If you are board do it man. Also the new Tropico is loads of fun.

Dayze 08-12-2016 09:59 PM

I'll probably say **** it and just do it. Otherwise I'll waffle for months on end lol.

it'll give me much needed entertainment while I'm a giant scab.
I need to review the PS4 thread at some point and get in the loop as to what's out there in terms of games etc. I'm well behind the 8-ball in that regard.

OldSchool 08-12-2016 10:01 PM

Get a PS4 if you're set on a console and really just want one to relieve your boredom at home.

Hamwallet 08-12-2016 10:10 PM

Find a bundle with whatever game you fancy. It saves you money and you will end up with twice the memory than if you ran out and bought a basic deal.

I did the PS4 Destiny and Xbox One Forza. Both came with twice the memory as a basic and different color combos.

I bought my cousin the PS4 Starwars edition for Xmas. It has Darth Vadors helmet on the case. It's badass.

Gonzo 08-12-2016 10:33 PM

As far as consoles go, PS4 is the better of the two options.

You can get a pretty good PC for a couple hundred more though. I'm a console guy, always have been. Got my first Atari at 7. However, PC gaming is starting to really get good. You can get 99% of what's on the market for consoles plus a shit ton of non-console games. M

That being said, yeah. Ps4 is a damn good option. It is worth the $.