ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Liquid Cooling (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308207)

BigRichard 06-09-2017 04:22 PM

Liquid Cooling

I have one of the Corsair H100i liquid cooling units. My processor just started over heating at like 90 degrees and if I feel the cooling line coming off of the heat sink it is fairly warm right down by where it comes off the heat sink but the rest of the tube is pretty cool. That leads me to believe the pump isn't pumping correctly but I never felt it when it was working fine so I don't have anything to compare it to. Does that sound about right?

jd1020 06-09-2017 04:29 PM

Do both lines feel the same?

One should feel noticeably cooler than the other, but I've never used an AIO so I'm not sure what can be felt through the rubber tubing. But one line is feeding cooler water to the CPU that just dissipated heat through the radiator and the other is feeding warmer water to the radiator that just absorbed heat from the CPU.

Check the BIOS and see what the RPM for the pump is. From looking around the pump on the H100i should be around 2200 give or take.

BigRichard 06-09-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12910046)
Do both lines feel the same?

One should feel noticeably cooler than the other, but I've never used an AIO so I'm not sure what can be felt through the rubber tubing. But one line is feeding cooler water to the CPU that just dissipated heat through the radiator and the other is feeding warmer water to the radiator that just absorbed heat from the CPU.

Check the BIOS and see what the RPM for the pump is. From looking around the pump on the H100i should be around 2200 give or take.

Yeah, the other line is is cool. I just figured the line where the heated liquid is running up to the fan would be uniformly warm and not like really warm down by the heat sink and cool about an inch away. In my head that makes me think the liquid is just sitting there not flowing through the line.

jd1020 06-09-2017 04:56 PM

I would probably take it out and make sure the radiator and everything is clean, put new thermal paste on the cpu and stress test it and see if the temps still go up to 90C. If so, I'd RMA it for pump failure or replace it if its out of warranty.

BigRichard 06-09-2017 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12910083)
I would probably take it out and make sure the radiator and everything is clean, put new thermal paste on the cpu and stress test it and if the temps still go up to 90C then I'd RMA it for pump failure or replace it if its out of warranty.

Should still be under warranty. I assume at least a year and I only got it in November.

hometeam 06-09-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12910083)
I would probably take it out and make sure the radiator and everything is clean, put new thermal paste on the cpu and stress test it and see if the temps still go up to 90C. If so, I'd RMA it for pump failure or replace it if its out of warranty.

This is the correct answer