ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Offseason Planet Evaluation: Alex Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313340)

Rain Man 01-18-2018 07:10 PM

Chiefs Offseason Planet Evaluation: Alex Smith

Even the MVP must get a grade card. Let the world know what you think.

Alex played in 15 games with 15 starts this season (sitting out one game to watch the Ghost of Christmas Future). He completed 341 passes at a 67.5% completion rate, for 4,402 yards and 8.0 yards per attempt. He threw 26 touchdown passes and 5 interceptions. His quarterback rating was 104.7.

Atop that, he ran for 355 yards and 1 TD, at 5.9 yards per rush.

jjchieffan 01-18-2018 07:11 PM

InB4 Poll

Deberg_1990 01-18-2018 07:11 PM

Hes the Marty Schottenheimer of NFL QBs. No thanks

Sassy Squatch 01-18-2018 07:12 PM

GTFO

Hydrae 01-18-2018 07:13 PM

I don't think I have ever gotten in before a poll was ready before. :shrug:

jjchieffan 01-18-2018 07:14 PM

I foresee a bunch of liars in this poll. There will be several who say that Smith performed below their expectations just to be hateful. Any honest answer would have to say exceeded my expectations because nobody expected to see Smith top 4000 yards and throw 26 touchdowns.

RealSNR 01-18-2018 07:16 PM

https://balladeer.files.wordpress.co...allows-man.jpg

Sassy Squatch 01-18-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13368969)
I foresee a bunch of liars in this poll. There will be several who say that Smith performed below their expectations just to be hateful. Any honest answer would have to say exceeded my expectations because nobody expected to see Smith top 4000 yards and throw 26 touchdowns.

He's a B+ player. Consistenly proven that's just not enough.

notorious 01-18-2018 07:17 PM

Ohhhh Shit.

Rain Man 01-18-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13368969)

I think we have high expectations here. Of the 11 players whose evaluations are complete or in progress, 8 have performed lower than expectations according to the polls.

I was torn between Alex greatly exceeding or slightly exceeding my expectations. I went with slightly just because I expected him to be good. If not for that midseason team slump, of which he was a part, he would have greatly exceeded my expectations.

The trade value is a hard one here. In a pre-salary cap world, I wouldn't want to trade him. In a salary cap world, you can't keep him as a great backup at his salary. So I went with a second round pick, even though I think he could fetch more.

Sandy Vagina 01-18-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13368973)
He's a B+ player. Consistenly proven that's just not enough.

Very true.. for this team, anyway.

jjchieffan 01-18-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13368979)
I think we have high expectations here. Of the 11 players whose evaluations are complete or in progress, 8 have performed lower than expectations according to the polls.

I was torn between Alex greatly exceeding or slightly exceeding my expectations. I went with slightly just because I expected him to be good. If not for that midseason team slump, of which he was a part, he would have greatly exceeded my expectations.

The trade value is a hard one here. In a pre-salary cap world, I wouldn't want to trade him. In a salary cap world, you can't keep him as a great backup at his salary. So I went with a second round pick, even though I think he could fetch more.

I gave him an A. But that was high. B+ is about right because of the slump. But it certainly wasn't an F, which one hater has already said. I stand by greatly exceeded my expectations and I, like you, said a second round pick. But I did vote that I wanted him off the team. It's Mahomes time now.

Reerun_KC 01-18-2018 07:32 PM

C- For the 6 game losing streak and the sharting of his pants when it matters the most.

Hammock Parties 01-18-2018 07:46 PM

Greatly exceeded my expectations, with his bullshit run of stats.

F for being the first Chiefs QB to lose TWO playoff games at HOME, and for being a pathetic 9-7, engineered almost solely by the four games he blew at the end.

Get OFF the TEAM you CUCK.

TimBone 01-18-2018 07:48 PM

B+

Greatly exceeded my expectations

off the team

I think I put stable, but if we're comparing future output to this season, then I probably should have put descending.

3rd round pick

Great Pyramid