ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports CBE College Basketball Tournament @ Sprint Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318855)

Titty Meat 11-13-2018 10:18 PM

CBE College Basketball Tournament @ Sprint Center

Is anyone on here going? I know we have alot of college basketball fans on this board.

Texas Tech, USC, Missouri State and Nebraska are playing.

I got courtside seats for night 2. I'm pretty pumped.

BWillie 11-13-2018 10:27 PM

There will be no one there. It's very disappointing. The Sprint Center is a fantastic place.

I went to a KU game last year vs Washington. I absolutely loved it - was courtside - mainly because the tickets were insanely cheap - only $100 per for courtside. But horrible atmosphere. tons of vacant seats and nobody gave a ****.

The people of this town are scared to embrace urban environments. It's in an amazing location. i don't get it.

It only gets rocking during the Big 12 tournament because KU fans get pissed it turns into Hilton South.

Titty Meat 11-13-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13890998)
There will be no one there. It's very disappointing. The Sprint Center is a fantastic place.

I went to a KU game last year vs Washington. I absolutely loved it - was courtside - mainly because the tickets were insanely cheap - only $100 per for courtside. But horrible atmosphere. tons of vacant seats and nobody gave a ****.

The people of this town are scared to embrace urban environments. It's in an amazing location. i don't get it.

It only gets rocking during the Big 12 tournament because KU fans get pissed it turns into Hilton South.

Yeah I paid 150 not bad for something on the bucket list. I went the first year Sprint opened it was hype because Mizzou was playing. UCLA with Westbrook and Love too but the UCLA cheerleaders were the best.

You're right though it's crazy how many ISU people come down for their team. I think Nebraska will have a decent crowd.

Titty Meat 11-13-2018 10:39 PM

I went last year too. It was all Creightion folks rich assholes.

BWillie 11-13-2018 10:44 PM

Looks like the Nebraska game there is the same night as Chiefs vs Rams, yeah? That won't help unfortunately.

Sign up for a UMB bank account before you go - enjoy the free beer compliments of the UMB lounge.

Titty Meat 11-13-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13891031)
Looks like the Nebraska game there is the same night as Chiefs vs Rams, yeah? That won't help unfortunately.

Sign up for a UMB bank account before you go - enjoy the free beer compliments of the UMB lounge.

Nope. I was going to get tickets night 1 too but hell no I'm not missing the Chiefs game.

Good looking out! Thanks.

lewdog 11-14-2018 07:31 AM

Who’s taking seat 2 of your pair big boy???????

Prison Bitch 11-14-2018 07:32 AM

What a poopy lineup

Titty Meat 11-14-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13891236)
Who’s taking seat 2 of your pair big boy???????

My friend. Wish you were. I revealed your girth size in another thread <<<3

ChiefsCountry 11-14-2018 01:38 PM

Thinking about going up for the Tuesday games. Definitely will if the Bears beat the Nubs on Monday.

Pablo 11-14-2018 01:40 PM

Sprint is a very nice venue for CBB, but I can't imagine it drawing much of a crowd with that lineup. Should be dominated by corn. Never had courtside seats for anything, but I bet it's pretty sweet.

Pitt Gorilla 11-14-2018 02:39 PM

College basketball is a garbage product.

sedated 11-14-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13890998)

I've never ran across someone so consistently wrong.

BWillie 11-14-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13891875)
I've never ran across someone so consistently wrong.

What is wrong about it? The atmosphere at the Sprint Center is almost always lacking during KU games - with the exception for the Big 12 tournament. When other college venues play - the same thing happens - lots of empty seats. Not sure how you can even dispute it. This CBE thing will not fill up.

Last year I went to the Washington game - tons of empty seats. Reason why my court side tickets were so cheap. Part of it was it was a week game, part of it was it was downtown and for some reason Kansas fans don't like to go out of suburbia to get there.

Deberg_1990 11-14-2018 06:10 PM

Is it time for the Sprint Center to get an anchor tenet?

NBA, NHL?