ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AJ Hawk never talks. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351736)

Rain Man 01-10-2024 11:20 AM

AJ Hawk never talks.

I don't watch the Pat McAfee show, but whenever I see clips, he's talking a lot and then the right side of the screen shows a silent golem, who I eventually figured out was AJ Hawk.

Yesterday, I was walking with a coworker when a TV screen showed a clip from the show. I pointed up to it, and mentioned my confusion over why that show always devotes one-third of the screen to a guy who never talks. I made the comment that he's essentially the equivalent of a photo of an Easter Island moai.

My coworker sent me this article today and I thought it was hilarious that someone else sees the Easter Island similarity.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/10/pa...-talking-jokes

For those who watch the show, what does AJ Hawk actually do? Does he have some segment that he leads? Why is he on the show? Admittedly, I only see snippets, and Pat McAfee is going to get the snippets since he's a firebrand, so maybe my view is skewed.

staylor26 01-10-2024 11:21 AM

LMAO

I was thinking the same recently.

Frazod 01-10-2024 11:21 AM

He smokes a lot of cigars.

digger 01-10-2024 11:23 AM

I've seen AJ fill in for Pat a few times. He just ran the whole show...

Megatron96 01-10-2024 11:27 AM

i think AJ is the football "expert" co-host. Pat' said several times that he's just a punter. AJ serves as the show's football Xs and Os guy, I think.

Skyy God 01-10-2024 11:28 AM

Bethesda NPC.

-King- 01-10-2024 11:36 AM

They're just trying to see if they can catch him developing lung cancer in real time

DJ's left nut 01-10-2024 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17326786)
I don't watch the Pat McAfee show, but whenever I see clips, he's talking a lot and then the right side of the screen shows a silent golem, who I eventually figured out was AJ Hawk.

Yesterday, I was walking with a coworker when a TV screen showed a clip from the show. I pointed up to it, and mentioned my confusion over why that show always devotes one-third of the screen to a guy who never talks. I made the comment that he's essentially the equivalent of a photo of an Easter Island moai.

My coworker sent me this article today and I thought it was hilarious that someone else sees the Easter Island similarity.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/10/pa...-talking-jokes

For those who watch the show, what does AJ Hawk actually do? Does he have some segment that he leads? Why is he on the show? Admittedly, I only see snippets, and Pat McAfee is going to get the snippets since he's a firebrand, so maybe my view is skewed.

I think he's there to make McAfee look smart.

That dude's such a stupid meathead. He just sits there smoking cigars and you KNOW he's watching himself on his monitor to make sure he looks cool doing it. I'm positive he practices cigar smoking at home just to really hammer the character home.

I can't stand the guy.

threebag 01-10-2024 11:49 AM

He can’t talk much because he’s chain smoking cigars

Chieftain 01-10-2024 11:51 AM

Pat and Silent Hawk

Dunerdr 01-10-2024 01:16 PM

I got burnt out on McAfee about a year ago. Early on AJ had a much bigger role and was a name who they used to pull in former and current players for interviews. His role has just slowly diminished over the years. He's kind of just a run of the mill meat head jock. Hes kind of run out of stories, so he puts a couple opinions out, they usually rip him for hit. He's almost just an antagonist to pat at this point. "Ah cahm ahn Ayje thats toxic as hell"

Pitt Gorilla 01-10-2024 03:10 PM

I assume the appeal of the show is that Pat doesn't sit down? Other than that, I admittedly don't get it.

KCUnited 01-10-2024 03:17 PM

I only catch glimpses of McAfee's show but have seen that derp faced sidekick before but learned just now from Rainman that its AJ Hawk

I thought he was some rando missing link they pulled off Venice Beach or something

Wallcrawler 01-10-2024 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17327213)
I assume the appeal of the show is that Pat doesn't sit down? Other than that, I admittedly don't get it.

It's just a bunch of regular guys talking about sports, sans any political correctness.

F bombs, segments about a dickprint being put in the icing of a cake, Aaron Rodgers segments, all sorts of shit.

They give their honest takes with an " if you don't like what we say, we're sorry and go **** yourself" mentality.

It's like what youd expect if you had Trey Parker and Matt Stone running a sports show.

jerryaldini 01-10-2024 03:40 PM

It's strange. I think he's a very quiet guy naturally. His role seems to smile when Pat says something that's supposed to be funny or provocative.

Then you have Pat's crew which might as well be a bunch of CP posters. Maybe Colquitt can start a podcast and Bwillie and a few other posters can offer commentary. I'd tune in!