ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Just When I THOUGHT Elvis Was Legit........ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=540)

The Blessed Virgin Larry 08-24-2000 06:21 AM

He pulls a GRBACUP....THUD! It's been almost a week and I STILL can't get over it! It was a testimony to the lack of leadership that Grbac continues to display. He could have made a statement last Saturday night. He could have rallied the troops and given us a preview of what to expect in 2000 - IMHO HE DID!

IMHO - The main problem with Elvis is that he NEVER had to EARN the starting job in KC.<P>

redbrian 08-24-2000 07:23 AM

He couldn't have, IMO. In a fair, head-to-head competition with Gannon prior to the '97 season, there is NO WAY Grbac could've *earned* the job.

Joe Seahawk 08-24-2000 08:32 AM

no offense but you people make me sick. why don't you get behind him. he's gonna be the starter anyways. no wonder he sucks. thats all he ever hears from anyone.

at your job would you want everyone continually telling you that you suck at your job and they need to find someone replace you? would you like everyone there to criticize your every move?

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

redbrian 08-24-2000 11:27 AM

If I wanted to get behind him, apparently I'd have to take a number and wait for you to finish! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

One Arrowhead Dave 08-24-2000 11:32 AM

I think Grbac has improved enough to be a good QB in the NFL, the only thing he lacks is the leadership. A big step he could take towards doing this is showing emotion on the field, when you throw a good TD pass, celebrate a little.

redbrian 08-24-2000 11:35 AM

IMO his brain is lacking. He cannot look off the defense, or at more than 2 receivers. He also fails to see LBs and DBs too often, & throws the ball right to them.

If he's going to be a dumb QB, he should at least have freakish physical talent like Jeff George, for instance.

Fat Homer 08-24-2000 11:37 AM

IMHO, Elvis just needs to learn how to look-off DBs. He tends to 'lock on' to his intended target... and that gets him, and the receiver, in serious trouble. I do not know if it's just a question of an inability to check-off (follow progression), play design, or poor coaching (QB coach). It just needs to be addressed & resolved.

------------------
[i]How am I posting? Call 1-800-WHOCARES</I>

One Arrowhead Dave 08-24-2000 11:38 AM

I was hoping to overlook that problem. He will never be a great NFL QB, but he may become a good one, hopefully he will work on the problem of staring down one receiver.

I am not a Grbacer yet, but have potential.

The Blessed Virgin Larry 08-24-2000 11:56 AM

Slim,
Does your emperor have any colthes? Grbac must earn my support - at least he'll earn something. He certainly did NOT earn the starting job. No offense, but it's people like you that make me sick. I can support the Chiefs and be a Grbasher at the SAME time. Which do you suffer from: Blind loyality or loyality to a fault?

The Blessed Virgin Larry 08-24-2000 12:00 PM

HC,
You're right. The problem is that Grbac is not getting better. Now with his Gonzlez Security Blanket in check, he's getting worse. He's going to get someone hurt.

Fat Homer 08-24-2000 12:03 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>The problem is that Grbac is not getting better<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand how you can say that! IMO Elvis made huge strides last season - he has improved considerably. I'll reserve judgment on his 2000 season performance until mid-season or so.

[This message has been edited by HC_Chief (edited 08-24-2000).]

sd4chiefs 08-24-2000 12:08 PM

Grbac's not getting any better? I urge you to pull out game tapes from '98 and compare those with '99 games. One mental mistake in preseason has already got you upset? Give the guy a break!! He'll never see the Hall of Fame but he may be the best in the AFC West in 2000.

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

The Blessed Virgin Larry 08-24-2000 12:10 PM

HC, It easy to say. IMO, Grbac ONLY made strides because they protected him. Think back to when the Chiefs had to pass to get back into a game. How many times were they successful? it's easy to improve when you limit ones chances to screw up. That's exactly what the Chiefs did and the conservative offense is exactly why Grbac has not improved more. When Elvis needs to be the man - he can't.<BR>

The Blessed Virgin Larry 08-24-2000 12:14 PM

AZ,
Ok I'll do it. Let's see here I'll start with the game at Chicago then I'll look at the game at San Diego, I'll move on to BOTH Seattle games so you don't accuse me of only looking at the early games last year. Nope- he looks the same as he did this pereseason.
Now, I'll ask you to do the same thing and be honest....

The Blessed Virgin Larry 08-24-2000 12:27 PM

Also Grbac is still making excuses for his play just like in years past. He can say he's a leader but acting like one gets my vote any day.