ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Jaz, does your employer know that you are screwing around on the computer? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=97914)

Matt Helm 09-08-2004 01:01 PM

Jaz, does your employer know that you are screwing around on the computer?

You should be earning your wages instead of playing with yourself.

Saulbadguy 09-08-2004 01:03 PM

Being on the computer often gives the illusion of working. Its an art.

Matt Helm 09-08-2004 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Being on the computer often gives the illusion of working. Its an art.

It could be, that's why we use the firewall and blocking software here. My employees don't get the option to play, at least if they haven't figured a way around the blocks.

RINGLEADER 09-08-2004 01:09 PM

Jaz has a job?

Saulbadguy 09-08-2004 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r8er_h8er
It could be, that's why we use the firewall and blocking software here. My employees don't get the option to play, at least if they haven't figured a way around the blocks.

That is one advantage of working in IT. You configure the firewall and blocking software. :D

Matt Helm 09-08-2004 01:20 PM

Quote:

That is one advantage of working in IT. You configure the firewall and blocking software. :D

I don't typically have problems with my guys, they all have shares in the company and if they screw around the profit sharing amounts go down.

Saulbadguy 09-08-2004 01:21 PM

Quote:

I don't typically have problems with my guys, they all have shares in the company and if they screw around the profit sharing amounts go down.

And there in lies the advantage of working for government. No incentives.

KC Jones 09-08-2004 01:25 PM

For some reason I'm thinking about stovetop cooking vessels. Something about pots, kettles, and the color black. I just can't quite put my finger on it though.

Matt Helm 09-08-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

And there in lies the advantage of working for government. No incentives.

Actually I own my own business. You must have missed the part of being a reserve.

Matt Helm 09-08-2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones
For some reason I'm thinking about stovetop cooking vessels. Something about pots, kettles, and the color black. I just can't quite put my finger on it though.

That's because your finger is probably up your a$$.

As stated before, I own my business. (Makes me the boss!!)

Ever run your own business? You delegate to your managers/supervisors and hold them responsible for their work. Then you go to the golf course or do whatever you need. Ain't cell phones great?

Jenson71 09-08-2004 01:29 PM

This thread is te...the gh....the gay.

Jenson71 09-08-2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

That's because your finger is probably up your a$$.

As stated before, I own my business. (Makes me the boss!!)

Ever run your own business? You delegate to your managers/supervisors and hold them responsible for their work. Then you go to the golf course or do whatever you need. Ain't cell phones great?

Hey.. . autograph.

Matt Helm 09-08-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71
This thread is te...the gh....the gay.

I'll tell Guido, my collections officer what you think.

What is your address?

alanm 09-08-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

So who's keeping tabs on YOUR productivity?ROFL

Matt Helm 09-08-2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
So who's keeping tabs on YOUR productivity?ROFL

I am productive from 0800 to about 0900 twice a week. The rest of the time I let the company run itself. When it's time for startup's and the like I hit the road. Like tonight, I head out for 10 days in Dallas.

Have fun with it girls, I'm out for a while. (at least til I get hooked up in Dallas.)