ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Lie to Entrap jAZ and Some Libbies Worked - Bush Not Hiring Fox Employees. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=97946)

KCWolfman 09-08-2004 05:15 PM

Wow, this is interesting - Possible Right Wing Fox Reporter Given Campaign Duties....
 
And he is too keep his job as a reporter on Fox.

I can't say who just yet, but it is a prominent host of Fox and he will keep his "day job" reporting his take while working full time as a campaign manager for the GWB/Cheney ticket.

What do you guys think? Moral, immoral, or unimportant?

Donger 09-08-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
And he is too keep his job as a reporter on Fox.

I can't say who just yet, but it is a prominent host of Fox and he will keep his "day job" reporting his take while working full time as a campaign manager for the GWB/Cheney ticket.

What do you guys think? Moral, immoral, or unimportant?

I think that he should do one or the other. And, I'd feel the same way if it were a CNN reporter.

jAZ 09-08-2004 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
I think that he should do one or the other. And, I'd feel the same way if it were a CNN reporter.

Fox doesn't have any policy on conflict of interest like this. Carl Cameron was chosen to interview Bush while he was on the campaign trail in 2000 even though Cameron's wife was campaigning for Bush at that time. He even talked about the fact on camera before the interview with Bush.

Fox just doesn't care about objective journalism at all because they are a propaganda outlet for the Republican party.

Saggysack 09-08-2004 05:20 PM

Kinda on the fence. Hopefully he will be able to abstain from campaign rhetoric into his 'fair and balanced' reporting.

Mr. Kotter 09-08-2004 05:20 PM

If Begalla and Carville can stay at CNN after joining Kerry's campaign, I guess what's good for the goose....

But, personally, I think it's unethical and a breach of the public trust.

Donger 09-08-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
Fox doesn't have any policy on conflict of interest like this. Carl Cameron was chosen to interview Bush while he was on the campaign trail in 2000 even though Cameron's wife was campaigning for Bush at that time. He even talked about the fact on camera before the interview with Bush.

Fox just doesn't care about objective journalism at all because they are a propaganda outlet for the Republican party.

Cameron = Cameron's wife?

Saggysack 09-08-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ

Fox just doesn't care about objective journalism at all because they are a propaganda outlet for the Republican party.

You don't say... ;)

KCWolfman 09-08-2004 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
Fox doesn't have any policy on conflict of interest like this. Carl Cameron was chosen to interview Bush while he was on the campaign trail in 2000 even though Cameron's wife was campaigning for Bush at that time. He even talked about the fact on camera before the interview with Bush.

Fox just doesn't care about objective journalism at all because they are a propaganda outlet for the Republican party.

I knew you would fall for it.

Actually, it is CNN and Carville - You know, the "objective" CNN you were praising just yesterday.

So, let's do the math, shall we? If a news station allows a full time employee to be a full time campaign advisor, they don't care about objective journalism as they are an outlet for the party in question.


Watch the spinning begin, my friends. The hypocrite detector has been pushed to overload.

KCWolfman 09-08-2004 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggysack
You don't say... ;)

Ahh, another sucker before the landing of the fish. Welcome aboard

KC Dan 09-08-2004 05:23 PM

begala, carville, hannity, colmes, & the rest of the extremist hacks could jump off a bridge for all I care. I try really hard not to spend any of my precious lifetimes' minutes listening to their crap anyway. Both sides do it & its all bull****. Just my take...

Give me Cronkite with just the facts!

Ugly Duck 09-08-2004 05:25 PM

"Right Wing Fox Reporter Given Campaign Duties"

Don't most of the Faux News reporters already work for the BushCo campaign? This ain't news....

jAZ 09-08-2004 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefsfan
If Begalla and Carville can stay at CNN after joining Kerry's campaign, I guess what's good for the goose....

But, personally, I think it's unethical and a breach of the public trust.

Well, as much as I hate Fox's commentary types... They aren't exactly "reporters". Guys like O'Reilly and Hannity are Republican shills. That's what they are paid for.

Same is true of Carville and Begalla.

But guys like Carl Cameron, Tony Snow, Brit Hume, etc who shill for the Republican party while pretending to be a objective journalists is the real problem.

HC_Chief 09-08-2004 05:26 PM

Cripes, I can't believe you got someone to fall for that trap, KCW.... it had springs the size of Nebraska ffs

KC Dan 09-08-2004 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
Well, as much as I hate Fox's commentary types... They aren't exactly "reporters". Guys like O'Reilly and Hannity are Republican shills. That's what they are paid for.

Same is true of Carville and Begalla.

But guys like Carl Cameron, Tony Snow, Brit Hume, etc who shill for the Republican party while pretending to be a objective journalists is the real problem.

And this clown isn't pretending to be "objective"? I tried watching this guy the other night & he is just as bad - left - as the righties on Fox. His name Aaron Brown.

KCWolfman 09-08-2004 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief
Cripes, I can't believe you got someone to fall for that trap, KCW.... it had springs the size of Nebraska ffs

Nobody claimed that zealots were particularly quick on the draw. It was like shooing jAZocrites in a barrel.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.