ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Where are the Cornhumpers? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98291)

Skip Towne 09-12-2004 08:44 AM

Where are the Cornhumpers?

Looks like Callahan is in mid-season form. Here's to 3-9.

teedubya 09-12-2004 08:50 AM

hah ha aha ha haah .... Good Job Nebraska... getting rid of Frank Solich and getting Callahan will set Nebraska back DECADES!... heh.

Skip Towne 09-12-2004 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chi3fs
hah ha aha ha haah .... Good Job Nebraska... getting rid of Frank Solich and getting Callahan will set Nebraska back DECADES!... heh.

Hahahahaha. I'll bet Solich is laughing his azz off. Getting replaced by that dolt. I couldn't have wished something that bad on them. Their AD is a fool.

Saulbadguy 09-12-2004 12:59 PM

It seems NU could have a tough time @Pitt...When is the last time the Huskers have started out 1-2?

chiefqueen 09-12-2004 01:52 PM

I have a feeling Nebraskans will be begging for a new coach come Oct. 3rd.

KcMizzou 09-12-2004 01:54 PM

Anybody heard from alanm?

Thig Lyfe 09-12-2004 01:55 PM

PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

alanm 09-12-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Anybody heard from alanm?

Don't you fret none. Nebraska will be back ain't no way Missouri will win. And I still hold with my prediction that Nebraska will win the Big 12 north. You can't turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win against the # 1 defense in the nation statistically over the previous 5 seasons. Nebraska should have won the game going away yesterday. They went up and down the field against So. Miss but kept turning the ball over. Growing pains in the WC offense was expected. But I'm encouraged that they moved the ball at will again yesterday. We will win next Saturday.

Bowser 09-12-2004 02:16 PM

I know a few die hard Husker fans, and they have all said that if they get to .500 this season, it will be a success.

Let's hear it for mediocrity! :toast:

alanm 09-12-2004 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
I know a few die hard Husker fans, and they have all said that if they get to .500 this season, it will be a success.

Let's hear it for mediocrity! :toast:

They must not be very knowledgeable then. Nebraska had close to 500 yrds in offense again yesterday. They have to stop turning the ball over. That's what killed them yesterday. And they must be forgetting that Nebraska has a top 10 defense that gave up about 250 yrds in offense yesterday. Nebraska beat themselves. They weren't blown out like Kstate or Missouri.

KcMizzou 09-12-2004 02:29 PM

Congrats on the moral victory. ;)

Skip Towne 09-12-2004 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
They must not be very knowledgeable then. Nebraska had close to 500 yrds in offense again yesterday. They have to stop turning the ball over. That's what killed them yesterday. And they must be forgetting that Nebraska has a top 10 defense that gave up about 250 yrds in offense yesterday. Nebraska beat themselves. They weren't blown out like Kstate or Missouri.

Maybe so but they got their ass kicked at home by an unrecognizable team.

alanm 09-12-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne

They gave up 18 points on turnovers yesterday. Nebraska beat themselves. Wasn't no asskicking like that was received by Kstate or Missouri. You can't turn the ball over 5+ times a game and realistically expect to win said game. Especially when your down in the red zone.:banghead: Just ask DV :) The game should have been Nebraska 40 something to 9.

Saulbadguy 09-12-2004 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne

You yet again show your ignorance when it comes to college football. Southern Miss is a pretty good team. Sagarin has them at #12, Sportsline's 1-117 has them at #42. Ever hear of Brett Favre? Oh yeah..he's a Southern Miss alum.

Ultra Peanut 09-12-2004 02:44 PM

Quote:

They went up and down the field against So. Miss but kept turning the ball over.
That happened to us last year in Hattiesburg. Our offense dictated the game, aside from that tiny little matter of 6 turnovers...

Seems USM's defense is pretty good at that whole "making the other team beat themselves" thing.