ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Will FCC fine Fox? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99143)

Bob Dole 09-20-2004 08:57 AM

Will FCC fine Fox?
 
Bob Dole commented on it during the game thread yesterday...

Did any one else catch Bill Maas clearly dropping the F-bomb during the broadcast.

Specifically, it was after a 9 yard Holmes run where he initially appeared to be going down in the backfield. In response to the other announcer saying, "He appeared to be down, but managed to keep his feet..." Maas exclaimed, "The whole f**king stadium thought he was down!"

(Or something similar...maybe it was, "The whole stadium thought he was f**king down!")

Anyone think they'll get a fine? Weren't the networks supposed to have some extra delay, or was that CBS only?

Click here and ****ing listen for yourself.

Lzen 09-20-2004 09:11 AM

Wow, didn't know about that. I was at the stadium, though. :(

InChiefsHell 09-20-2004 09:15 AM

I don't know. The ****ing Omaha affiliate declined to show the game. Instead we got the goddam Bears Packers.

ENDelt260 09-20-2004 09:16 AM

I didn't have any ****ing sound, so I didn't hear it.

Saulbadguy 09-20-2004 09:16 AM

Did he show his nipple?

HarryParatestes 09-20-2004 09:34 AM

The f***ing bar i go to gives me one f***ing TV to watch and it wasn't the chief's f***ing turn to have the sound cranked. I DID notice that FOX"s graphics f***ing sucked. They couldn't get down and distance graphic up till AFTER the f***ing balls was snapped on about 75% of the f***ing plays,,,,

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

jcroft 09-20-2004 09:35 AM

I watching the ****ing broadcast and head Maas say a lot of ****ing stupid things, but I didn't hear him actually use the ****ing word "****ing". I could be ****ing wrong, though.

I do remember that ****ing play, and remember him saying "The whold stadium thought he was down," but I dodn't notice a ****ing f-bomb in there.

But, I'm a ****ing potty mouth to the point that I probably wouldn't even ****ing notice a ****ing thing like that.

Ari Chi3fs 09-20-2004 09:38 AM

I is dinnit hear any ting. Aiiii? I recorded it but for real erased it promptly. fuggin chiefs.

Bob Dole 09-20-2004 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcroft
I watching the ****ing broadcast and head Maas say a lot of ****ing stupid things, but I didn't hear him actually use the ****ing word "****ing". I could be ****ing wrong, though.

I do remember that ****ing play, and remember him saying "The whold stadium thought he was down," but I dodn't notice a ****ing f-bomb in there.

But, I'm a ****ing potty mouth to the point that I probably wouldn't even ****ing notice a ****ing thing like that.

Bob Dole was pretty ****ing toasted by that point, but rewound the ****ing thing in order to get independent ****ing verification. He definitely ****ing dropped the ****ing F-bomb.

Braincase 09-20-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Did he show his nipple?

No, but the whole team did an impersonation of Robert Downey Jr. in GenPop.

PastorMikH 09-20-2004 09:46 AM

I think Fox should also be fined for allowing their affiliates to air games outside their region when there were games showing much more local.:banghead:


Fox only has 1 more game so that is all I should miss.

jcroft 09-20-2004 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Damned_Dole
Bob Dole was pretty ****ing toasted by that point, but rewound the ****ing thing in order to get independent ****ing verification. He definitely ****ing dropped the ****ing F-bomb.

Hmm, I wish I still had it on my ****ing TiVo. I deleted it right after the ****ing game. ****ing Chiefs.

ZootedGranny 09-20-2004 09:55 AM

Just watched it again, it was the first carry of the 2nd quarter where Priest broke the Mike Rucker tackle and turned it for an 9 yard gain. Maas didn't drop an F bomb at all.

Edit: had to fix my ****ing grammar.

Swanman 09-20-2004 09:56 AM

I don't know about the FCC fining Fox for Maas dropping the F-bomb, but they should definitely be fined for hiring a color commentator with the IQ of a mentally retarded adolescent chipmunk.

jcroft 09-20-2004 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
Just watched it again, it was the first carry of the 2nd quarter where Priest broke the tackle and turned it for an 8 yard game. Maas didn't drop an F bomb at all.

He ****ing should have.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.