Originally Posted by Silock
It's really, really hard to roll it evenly. And the factory edge isn't square, so if you tried to brace one end for the rolling, it still ended up off.
We ended up putting a disc inside, and getting it level vertically, then used a router with a flush cut bit to strip away the excess tube.
We didn't clamp the caps on the bottom. We just weighted them with lots of MDF sheets and whatever else would fit on top lol
The top caps were clamped cross-wise. It's solid enough that I can stand on it and that's good enough for me lol
Oh, duh. Trying to control a 5-6' piece of tubing steady while rolling would be damn near impossible.
My own trial and error probably would have had me running a string around the tube and marking it. Break out the jigsaw and pray.