Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501
Leno was fired because he is unbelievably stale to a young audience. Period. His demo is old and dying, and young audiences pull in most of the advertising dollars. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics.
I've considered this but there's too many things that scream otherwise.
1) Leno still had massive ratings and advertisers will advertise in such a case
2) Leno's humor was ageless
3) You could not tell Leno's politics--the way it should be
4) He told jokes about everyone BUT included too many Obama jokes when NBC is a major Obama lap-dog for a thin-skinned president
5) Fallon was allowed to be disrespectful to Michele Bachmann and that was okay.
6) Johnny Carson remained on the show until he retired at age 67
7) Larry King nearly died on his show
8) Letterman is 66 to Leno's age of 63
9) Federal law prevents age discrimination
10)The millennials don't really watch late night TV. They're either out texting, sexting, using the internet, smoking pot or working out their gender. They watch SNL to find out who to vote for.
( I stole some of these but they make sense.)
Too much there to claim age or age alone
did it. It was more than that. JMO Most late night shows are very left-wing and skewered Bush. But Fallon was fawning over the Obamas showing his politics.