Originally Posted by Chiefnj
Here is what I think I learned:
1. She and Ben staged being left behind.
2. The others thought ahead to rig Claire up in case they needed her to get sick.
3. You got an answer to the fertility issue - women who conceive on the island die.
4. The "others" have (or believe they have) the cure to cancer.
5. Ben apparently likes to misinform but doesn't "lie". It appears that he kept his word to Juliette about her sister (Calamity Jane).
6. Ben wasn't romantically linked to Juliette, it was the other guy.
7. All of the others know not only the backstory on the lostees, but they know intricate details (like Sawyer shooting a man in cold blood less than 24 hours before the flight home).
8. Jack confirmed the submarine blew up. There were a lot of conspiracies that Locke didn't blow it up, he just moved it.
9. Jack is a complete and utter idiot and Sayid needs to beat him with a large stick.
Ok, yes the cancer issue was another thing...so 1, 2 and 4 would be the new things.
We already knew about the others interest in women with children...we learned that when Sayid met Danielle for the first time.
5 and 6 were ancillary and unimportant to the main story--at least I hope so. If those are things that hinge the story of this series together, I'll be even more disappointed.
7 we knew in the first episode of this season when Juliette recited some information about Jacks ex wife.
8 -- eh, I saw it blow up. Unless the writers needed a 'dallasesque' curveball, I wouldnt find that important.
9 is a given. For such a tough guy, he's pretty damned easy to fool.
Yes, there was a lot of 'stuff' in the episode, but I felt there was really nothing new besides the fact that Juliette and Ben have staged her being left behind to get to the beach.