Originally Posted by Uncle_Ted
Heavy drinking + acetominaphen = liver damage.
Also, taking it on a full stomach will reduce its effectiveness.
I saw one of the resident doctors on CNN talking about this a month or so ago. He said that the acetaminophen creates some kind of substance in your system that can be toxic to the liver. Under normal circumstances your liver has the ability to break this toxin down to prevent damage, but apparently when you drink, the alcohol suppresses whatever it is that breaks down the toxin so your liver gets hit pretty hard.
"[The democrat party] has become a left wing party, that's anti-American, and thatís racist." - David Horowitz