Originally Posted by irishjayhawk
You might have an argument with Apple controlling their products however...
1) Flash sucks (mobile or not)
2) Android has a major splintering problem.
3) Related to two, carriers are slow to allow (and sometimes don't) their users handsets to upgrade to a newer version.
1) Whatever, I don't care. I'm not a developer, I'm a user. Porn sites suck too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go out and buy the DVD instead.
2) Agreed. Apparently they're going to try to address that with 3.0 so upgrades can come more from google than individual manufactures.
My friend loaned me a Samsung Vibrant, as I'm in the market for a new phone and wanted to play around with an Android. By all accounts, it's easily upgradable to Froyo, but still not shit out yet. Not even a GPS fix for the phone yet. That's frustrating.
3) Do you mean hardware or software? Either way, yeah... That's the price we pay for a contract world.