RULES, SCORING, & PRIZES
As of 1-6-2012
1. This is only a game. A morbid one, mind you, but it’s only a game. Do not take this game seriously; we do not condone acts of violence. Contestants who murder celebrities on their list will be expelled from the game immediately.
2. The game will be FREE of charge. There will, however, be a prize for 1st and 2nd place.*
3. The object of the game: To predict the deaths of celebrities, thus gaining points. The player with the most points as of 12-31-2012 at 23:59:59 hrs is the winner.*
4. Each contestant must pick ten celebrities who they think are due a visit from the Grim Reaper. These picks are FINAL. Once you write them in, you cannot change them at any time.*
5. If someone on your list expires, you can choose a replacement celebrity. We will call these picks, “Supplemental Picks” and they must be selected within 48 hours of your original picks documented demise on Chiefs Planet.*
6. Celebrities with known terminal illnesses ARE allowed in this game. So it pays to get your research right.
7. Lists will not contain any celebrity under the age of 16, (sickos).*
8. A celebrity is defined as a person who lives their life in the public domain, such as a sportsman, entertainer, musician, author, famous scientist etc. If we haven’t heard of them, then you might not get the points when they croak.
9. The “Officials” are: Gonzo, Lumpy, Sofa King, Pestilence, Digger and Luv. All questions regarding rules and regulations must be directed to them. Gonzo has the final word on all points awarded. The other officials are assisting in this process because Gonzo’s “Pop Culture” IQ is exceedingly lame.*
10. At the end of the year, the winner will be awarded a prize. If the winner is a Chiefs fan, the award will likely be a piece of Chiefs memorabilia. If the winner is not a Chiefs fan, a similar award of monetary value will be awarded. (I.E. if they are a Raiders fan, the award will be something reasonable). No money will exchange hands during this process.*
11. New players may join this game no later than March 1st, 2012. They will be placed in the league table at zero points. Upon entry, you may select a celebrity that is currently on their death bed. However, once the said celeb passes, you will only receive a maximum of 3 points. (Even if you pull an Exacto as explained below). (This Rule goes into effect on 1-13-11 heh, Friday the 13th).
12. In order to claim your points, this thread needs to be bumped. I will try to keep up with everyone’s selections but seriously, bump this thread and/or let me or the other 2 officials know.*
1. For every celebrity death that a player has forecasted, they will receive 10 points.*
2. Pulling a Heath Ledger: If the celebrity that “bit it” is under 50 years old, an additional 10 points will be awarded.
3. The Sonny Bono: If the celebrity died in a particularly peculiar way, (See Sonny Bono or Sharon Tate) an additional 5 points will be awarded. Gonzo is the final Judge on said clauses.*
4. The Nostradamus: This is a good one here, gang… If your chosen celebrity dies in the month you predicted, you get an extra 10 points. If he/she dies on the exact date, you get an extra 15.*
5. The bleeding vagina: If you get it within a week of your prediction date, you will be awarded 5 bonus points.*
So, let’s recap…
Let’s say you think Justin Timberlake is going to die on September 10th because he electrocuted himself with an EZ Bake Oven, you will be awarded 55 points. This is called, “The Exacto” and is exceedingly rare.
You predicted who – 10 points
He’s under 50 – 10 points
He died in a weird way – 5 points
In the month you predicted – 10 points
Within a week of your prediction - 5 points
On the Day you predicted – 15 points.
Total – 55 points.
Prizes for 1st and 2nd places are:*
FYI: Prizes for 1st and 2nd place: (winner gets 1st dibs)
Chiefs parka worth around 100 - 120 bucks.
A standing card display with four football cards inside: Trent Green, Tony G. Priest and Dante Hall - (Thanks to beer me!)
Another prize update peeps:
I have a nice Derrick Thomas bobble-head still in the package.*
The winner will receive 15 million in casino cash, 2nd place gets 5 mill.
So, let's recap here:
1 KC Chiefs Parka - XL. One Derrick Thomas Bobble-Head and 15 million in CC.*
The card display with a Trent Green, Tony G Priest Holmes and Dante Hall Card interred, plus 5 mill in C-Cash.*
More prizes coming soon!
Become a cool kid. Donate to C.P. by clicking here
Last edited by Gonzo; 01-23-2012 at 08:41 PM..