Originally Posted by Pawnmower
Well it is possible that this is wrong but:
1) I don't believe the gun was brandished until after Zimmerman was punched in the nose, there is no evidence of this...and it just doesnt make any sense for it to be otherwise.
2) I think trayvon is bigger than Zimmerman, I heard Trayvon martin was over 6 feet tall. Again, this will all come out April 10th, and may be wrong..but I can't seem to find any super solid (other than people's comments) info on it, other than some of the pictures they are using to show what Trayvon looked like are from when he was 11-13.
3) You can 'feel threatened' but you can't punch people in the face and expect no consequences, if someone is just asking what you are doing.
I'm not saying he deserved to die, but if you have ever been in any kind of physical situation you know that they can get out of hand very quickly. If you decide to use force on someone, to escalate the level, you have to realize that things get wild.
Im not even going to address the stand your ground law, since I don't even know they will need to use that as a defense. We will find out After april 10th.
1. You do know there's more than just flashing a gun to warrant someone else to feel the need to defend themselves.
2. So ****ing what if he's taller? Zimmerman had several years and a good 100 pounds on him. I've seen shorter dudes know taller ones out several times.
3. According to the poorly written Stand Your Ground law, why yes...yes he can.